What's new

Embarrassing SCAD

Anyone else ever get that 'embarrassed' feeling when you succumb to your SCAD?

I placed orders for SEVEN new soaps this week... pure gluttony!:blushing:

I seem to enjoy using the soaps more than creams so at least the soaps are cheaper!

Don't worry, it will be getting worse...:wink: :wink: :biggrin: :biggrin:

It's a perpetual screw...

And,...no healing in sight, it's a virus...:biggrin: :confused:

Thomas

ada8356 said:
Yes, but then as long as I get a good shave out of it I feel better. :blush: If I don't get as good a shave as I was expecting (Arko most recently) I do feel a twinge of regret.

--Mark (currently 24 soaps and creams with three more to be delivered today)

I ask myself continuously.."why is my shaving supply bill getting near my grocery bill?"

God help me..I've really gotta stop this..and I have two more things I wanna buy this month..

:cool:

I'm in the same boat. And it doesn't help that executive shaving just sent me an offer promoting 10% off all purchases for this month... their prices are incredibly reasonable as it is. There are 3 creams I want to buy. I don't have SCAD as badly as some gentleman on this board. I've been at this a couple years and have 17 soaps/creams, and I'm looking to trade/sell 3 or 4 of those. But still, 17!?:confused: :bored:

Drew

ada8356 said:

I seem to enjoy using the soaps more than creams so at least the soaps are cheaper!

Keep us posted as to how many soaps you are ordering per week. If you set a record, we'll let you know.:lol:

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
Keep us posted as to how many soaps you are ordering per week. If you set a record, we'll let you know.:lol:

Randy

Well I plan on ordering ZERO next week so hopefully that will take me out of any kind of running!

The bad thing is, there are a few creams that I still want to try out!

Namely Taylor's St. James and some type of Rose... ho hum:frown:

DEF said:
I ordered EIGHT soaps this week -- very unusual for me, though.
It WAS very unusual for you. Now that you've done it, I see no fault in repeating the practice.:biggrin:

Kyle said:
It WAS very unusual for you. Now that you've done it, I see no fault in repeating the practice.:biggrin:

I was thinking of moving on to razors next...

...then colognes...

...then brushes...:w00t:

Doug

I've found that the SCAD goes into abeyance once over possible surface in the bathroom is covered with shaving equipment and shaving creams stacked three deep. I'm thinking of installing some shelves...

My wife grabbed my face today and stared at me saying "You do not need any more soap. You do not need any more soap. You do not need any more soap." She didn't say anything about cream! :biggrin:

Don't worry about it, the feeling is mutual and normal:eek:
I bought 12 tubes of Arko one time at one shot. I think that was my record for one day, I have come close to that amount with other creams and soaps as well.:biggrin:

ada8356 said:

it's not embarassing at all- Remember, Resistance is futile- you will be assimilated!

Marty

Taylors St. James tub, Taylors Avocado tub, Trumpers Sandalwood tub cream... under $52 delivered from Executive Shaving.... I am weak... I am very weak :frown2:

Drew

My purchases over the last 10 days. Merkur HD. 6 soaps from SCS each in a lovely wooden bowl, a 26 mm handmade Shavemac, A shaving bowl from Shavemac, blades for the Merkur HD, Thayers, two SCS after shave balms and three SCS colognes--and I'm still not satisfied...happy...but not satisfied!

What exactly does SCAD stand for?

MJB

ada8356 said:
Well I plan on ordering ZERO next week so hopefully that will take me out of any kind of running!

The bad thing is, there are a few creams that I still want to try out!

Namely Taylor's St. James and some type of Rose... ho hum:frown:

Well I ordered more this week...:blushing: :001_rolle :mad2:

MJB said:
My purchases over the last 10 days. Merkur HD. 6 soaps from SCS each in a lovely wooden bowl, a 26 mm handmade Shavemac, A shaving bowl from Shavemac, blades for the Merkur HD, Thayers, two SCS after shave balms and three SCS colognes--and I'm still not satisfied...happy...but not satisfied!

What exactly does SCAD stand for?

MJB

Saint Charles Acquisition Disorder?:lol:

Top Bottom