What's new

Elite Razor Manchurian badger vs. Romero Manchurian

Would appreciate any information you might have regarding the similarities or differences in these two knots. Thanks!

Elite 24 comes out 26, (good density) x 50-51 medium backbone nice soft tips, hair softness goes down a third of the way from the top. What I've found since Bob started providing his own knots is that the quality has been very consistent (not always easy to do with the harvesting of wild badger, this is a credit to Bob), the quality of both the fan and bulb are excellent), knots are always availble. I have 5 Elite knots in various artisan handles.

Ramero 24 comes out 25 1/2 - 26 x`50-52 strong medium backbone, soft tips with soft presence, gives a full lush lathering, knot has a nice bloom. Quality of knot can be inconsistent and hard to get, a good Ramero knot makes a great brush. I have a Ramero fan in a Elite Lotus style wooden handle.

Elite 24 comes out 26, (good density) x 50-51 medium backbone nice soft tips, hair softness goes down a third of the way from the top. What I've found since Bob started providing his own knots is that the quality has been very consistent (not always easy to do with the harvesting of wild badger, this is a credit to Bob), the quality of both the fan and bulb are excellent), knots are always availble. I have 5 Elite knots in various artisan handles.

Ramero 24 comes out 25 1/2 - 26 x`50-52 strong medium backbone, soft tips with soft presence, gives a full lush lathering, knot has a nice bloom. Quality of knot can be inconsistent and hard to get, a good Ramero knot makes a great brush. I have a Ramero fan in a Elite Lotus style wooden handle.
Thank you for the detailed comparison on these @bijou , these are 2 knots I’ve been intrigued by for a while and hope to be able to try out sooner than later.

I have e enjoyed Shavemacs 2 band silvertips and Thaters for some years, now there is more variety to choose from. For me I want backbone, soft tips and density in a handle I like.

Elite and Ramero knots have the density that Shavemacs and Thaters do not have. The brushes I have been exclusively using for the last 18 months have been Paladins mixed in at times with Declaration knots (1, 2, 4 and 5 which is new) in Elite wooden handles and WW handles.

For whatever it,s worth my opinion is you would love the Elite it offers a luxurious lathering experience and it is readily available.

Sent from my SM-T357T using Tapatalk

From fairly limited experience, I'd advise going for the Elite Manchurian. The one I have has great backbone, tips that are soft without being insubstantial and excellent density; not wall of badger dense, but just right for me. Of the two Romeros I've had, one is exceptional, with the knot being on a par with the Elite and having a stunning handle. The other, which I sold, was OK, but the knot didn't not really live up to the handle.

I cannot comment on the Romero, as I do not have one. But I can certainly comment on the Elite Razor Manchurian. It is one of my favorite brushes. Excellent water retention, exploding with a rich creamy lather (easily enough for three passes with plenty left in the brush), and the perfect combination of backbone and exquisite soft tips. The handle is wonderfully balanced to the 24 mm. knot, and the brush feels like a natural extension of my right hand. I often use the matching razor (a Merkur 34C head in Bob's custom handle) and treat myself to a pretty wonderful shave.
Here's the beautiful pair in Bob's "Fire & Ice" handles.

Adam1.jpg

Elite Manchurian - For the most part, gel tips, quality customer service, top notch work
Romera - Very soft tips, not gel or gel like...just soft, poor customer service, average work quality

I'm not going to discuss backbone because that's a result of many other factors, but both have plenty. The Romera is probably more dense.

Bob's Manchurian Whites are awesome and he makes nice handles, too. I have two of his Manchurians. One in one of his handles and one in a Wolf Whiskers. When I finally got on the list for the Wolf Whiskers there was no way I was putting anything but an Elite Manchurian in it.

My Manchurian shipped today and I look forward to it. Something about those Elite blue handles that just calls to me- I will be back SOON.

Top Bottom