What's new

Elite Razor - Custom and Unique Razors and Brushes

I finished 2 unique brushes today and both have just been listed on my site at www.eliterazor.com.

I haven't done a Keyhole shaped handle in many years, so I thought I would build one from Malachite with a gold accent ring in the base.

The other brush is Gold Laced Red Jasper. I haven't had any of this in quite a while and this is the first I've seen in the deep Burgundy shade. This one is amazing.

Malachite (26mm)
[Image: hy24nMR.jpg]
[Image: ichpieU.jpg]

Gold Laced Red Jasper (26mm)
[Image: a0h80iX.jpg]
[Image: 5OONXrq.jpg]

As always, thanks for looking.

Bob

I've been working on a few special brushes that are completed and now listed on my site at www.eliterazor.com

Bloody Basin Jasper (26mm)

Bloody Basin Jasper is associated with the Zodiac sign of Taurus. Red Jasper was a much sought-after gem in the very ancient times and today it is used for aesthetic as well as industrial purposes. It belongs to the family of quartz. The name is Greek in origin, meaning “spotted or speckled stone”. The color of Jasper ranges from red to shades of brown due to the presence of ferric oxide. But with the combination of other minerals it gets a colorful, banded appearance. In mythology, Jasper is said to have powers to keep evil and fatal insect or reptile bites at bay. This particularly handsome Bloody Basin Jasper stone is named for the mine in which it is found. It is native to Arizona and is prized for its' deep crimson tone with jet black veins. This handle features an accent ring of Silver and is available as a set with a matching 3-piece razor, with or without a stand. If interested in the set, please email me at [email protected] for pricing.

[Image: YMYbTHb.jpg]
[Image: 83R5omM.jpg]
[Image: ysMRier.jpg]
[Image: l14PkAD.jpg]

Golden Amboyna Burl (26mm)

Amboyna burl is found in Indonesia, especially on the Andaman group of islands. Amboyna burl is one of the rarest & most expensive woods in the world. The burly part of the log is often very small, yielding only wood in small dimensions. The color ranges from deep yellow orange to deep red and after finishing Amboyna burl reveals a depth & liveliness in color like found in no other. Amboyna burl was a popular, frequently used wood in the Jugendstil epoch in the twenties. It was also the first burl wood to be used by Rolls Royce for dashboards. Golden Amboyna is rarely found with the exceptional figure that is present in this piece.

[Image: BvDoOzF.jpg]
[Image: wKNFgQT.jpg]

Barber Pole (26mm)

The modern Barber’s Pole originated in the day when blood-letting was one of the principal duties of the barbering trade. The two spiral ribbons painted around the pole represented two long bandages, one twisted around the arm before bleeding (to make the vein stand out), and the other used to bind it afterwards. The first European poles contained only red and white stripes and some historians credit the blue stripe on the American poles as having been transported from blue and white bands on English poles of the 1700’s. Other authorities say that American barbers added the blue stripe to their red and white poles as a patriotic gesture. This handle features a base and cap of Walnut to recreate the true Barber Pole.

[Image: NYyDsyj.jpg]
[Image: 5MLpVDu.jpg]

Bob

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I've been working on a few special brushes that are completed and now listed on my site at www.eliterazor.com

Bloody Basin Jasper is associated with the Zodiac sign of Taurus. Red Jasper was a much sought-after gem in the very ancient times and today it is used for aesthetic as well as industrial purposes. It belongs to the family of quartz. The name is Greek in origin, meaning “spotted or speckled stone”. The color of Jasper ranges from red to shades of brown due to the presence of ferric oxide. But with the combination of other minerals it gets a colorful, banded appearance. In mythology, Jasper is said to have powers to keep evil and fatal insect or reptile bites at bay. This particularly handsome Bloody Basin Jasper stone is named for the mine in which it is found. It is native to Arizona and is prized for its' deep crimson tone with jet black veins. This handle features an accent ring of Silver and is available as a set with a matching 3-piece razor, with or without a stand. If interested in the set, please email me at [email protected] for pricing.

Amboyna burl is found in Indonesia, especially on the Andaman group of islands. Amboyna burl is one of the rarest & most expensive woods in the world. The burly part of the log is often very small, yielding only wood in small dimensions. The color ranges from deep yellow orange to deep red and after finishing Amboyna burl reveals a depth & liveliness in color like found in no other. Amboyna burl was a popular, frequently used wood in the Jugendstil epoch in the twenties. It was also the first burl wood to be used by Rolls Royce for dashboards. Golden Amboyna is rarely found with the exceptional figure that is present in this piece.

Barber Pole (26mm)

The modern Barber’s Pole originated in the day when blood-letting was one of the principal duties of the barbering trade. The two spiral ribbons painted around the pole represented two long bandages, one twisted around the arm before bleeding (to make the vein stand out), and the other used to bind it afterwards. The first European poles contained only red and white stripes and some historians credit the blue stripe on the American poles as having been transported from blue and white bands on English poles of the 1700’s. Other authorities say that American barbers added the blue stripe to their red and white poles as a patriotic gesture. This handle features a base and cap of Walnut to recreate the true Barber Pole.

Bob

Those are absolutely stunning! 😍

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune

Barber Pole (26mm)

Bob
Does the Bloody Basin Jasper have that thin white line around the bottom bulb of the handle or is that lighting. It doesn't seem to be there is the photos with it laying on its side.

Either way... it's quite beautiful.... I'm a Taurus even though I don't follow the astrological signs. I did ask you a question in an email a few weeks ago but didn't get a response. If you'd take a look at emails from Phoenixh@____, I'd appreciate it.

Does the Bloody Basin Jasper have that thin white line around the bottom bulb of the handle or is that lighting. It doesn't seem to be there is the photos with it laying on its side.

Either way... it's quite beautiful.... I'm a Taurus even though I don't follow the astrological signs. I did ask you a question in an email a few weeks ago but didn't get a response. If you'd take a look at emails from Phoenixh@____, I'd appreciate it.

I just checked my emails and didn't see anything. If you could send me your question again to [email protected], that would be great.

Bob

I would like to thank those who waited on the sidelines long enough for me to purchase the Bloody Basin Jasper brush. I managed to hold off for 12 hours or so. I am certain it will look even more elegant in person.

Thx, Bob
I have two of Bob's brushes and am very pleased with them. I'd buy that green stone one in the keyhole shape if it was the 22mm size that I need for the knot that I want to set.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have two of Bob's brushes and am very pleased with them. I'd buy that green stone one in the keyhole shape if it was the 22mm size that I need for the knot that I want to set.
This will be my first brush from Bob.... I just couldn't resist that Bloody Basin Jasper handle. I tried, halfheartedly for 12 hours or so. lol.

These three brushes are absolutely beautiful. The stone handles are stunning and the grain on the Desert Ironwood piece is crazy. These pieces have just been listed on my site at www.eliterazor.com

Desert Ironwood (26mm)
[Image: i4o66O9.jpg]
[Image: 8Iao5vA.jpg]

Imperial Jade (26mm)
[Image: G8sdqkk.jpg]
[Image: hbujkAs.jpg]

Sonoran Sunset (26mm)
[Image: YKuYERp.jpg]
[Image: ywKgcPc.jpg]

Bob

A couple more new brushes just listed. Check these and many others on my website at www.eliterazor.com.

Larimar (26mm)
[Image: M5TPqbX.jpg]
[Image: RutLiXp.jpg]

White over Red and White (26mm)
[Image: OiovgiE.jpg]
[Image: UunnZXp.jpg]

Bob

Top Bottom