What's new

Elite Razor - Custom and Unique Razors and Brushes

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Thanks, The casting is done in a mold that is set at a 45 degree angle and each color is poured individually and allowed to cure before the next color is added. It's a time-consuming process, but the results are worth it.

Bob
Thanks, Bob! That is supercool! No wonder it looks so seamless.

These two stone pieces have just been listed at www.eliterazor.com. Please stop by and check them, and many other items, out.

Larimar (26mm)

Larimar is a distinctive gem that is found exclusively within a small inaccessible mountainous region of the Dominican Republic. It is a variety of Pectolite, an acid silicate hydrate of calcium and sodium, not a very uncommon mineral in all parts of the world. However, Larimar demands attention by gemologists because of its brilliant volcanic blue coloration.

The discovery of Larimar, also known as the Dolphin or Atlantis stone, is quite phenomenal. The blue coloration that is rarely found in gems, combined with its occurrence only in a small inaccessible island makes it rarer. Today, Larimar is regarded as a treasure to possess and this is solely attributed to the wonderful brilliance of the stone and its effect on humans.

[Image: 41BOoQJ.jpg]
[Image: FSfKdrV.jpg]

Sonoran Sunset (26mm)

Sonoran Sunset is also known as Sonora Sunrise, which is a trade name for an eye-catching red and green gem material. It occurs naturally as a rock composed mainly of bluish-green chrysocolla and bright red cuprite. That color combination can be cut into beautiful cabochons that suggest a green landscape under a brilliant red sky. The red sky and its Sonora, Mexico origin were combined to make the “Sonora Sunset” name.

[Image: oi8SVbj.jpg]
[Image: jspqI5g.jpg]

As always, thanks for looking.

Bob

I completed a couple more stone pieces today and they have both been listed on my site at www.eliterazor.com.

Copper Laced Onyx (26mm)

Copper Laced Onyx is a member of the chalcedony family which also includes carnelian, agate, bloodstone, etc. Occurring naturally in a variety of colors, black onyx is polished to enhance appearance, a member of the quartz family. The name comes from the Greek word onyx which means nail of a finger or claw. Legend says that one day while Venus was sleeping Eros/Cupid cut her fingernails and left the clippings scattered on the ground. Because no part of a heavenly body can die, the gods turned them into stone which later became known as Onyx. As I was turning this piece, a little "stowaway" of Turquoise appeared between the veins of Copper, as shown in the 2nd picture.

[Image: kvjPEfl.jpg]
[Image: zqhQwUH.jpg]

[Image: LLIJxcD.jpg]

Malachite (26mm)

Malachite, the famous and popular semi-precious stone. It is named for the Greek word for “mallow”, a green herb. Its banded light and dark green designs are one-of-a-kind, and give it a unique ornamental quality unlike that of any other stone. The light and dark green bands are so distinctive that Malachite may be one of the most easily recognized minerals by the general public.

[Image: 6HsNOss.jpg]
[Image: oBWTxRg.jpg]

Bob

It's been busy here, but I did get a chance to build this beautiful Bloody Basin Jasper brush. Bloody Basin Jasper is associated with the Zodiac sign of Taurus. Red Jasper was a much sought after gem in the very ancient times and today it is used for aesthetic as well as industrial purposes. It belongs to the family of quartz. The name is Greek in origin, meaning “spotted or speckled stone”. The color of Jasper ranges from red to shades of brown due to the presence of ferric oxide. But with the combination of other minerals it gets a colorful, banded appearance. In mythology, Jasper is said to have powers to keep evil and fatal insect or reptile bites at bay. This particularly handsome Bloody Basin Jasper stone is named for the mine in which it is found. It is native to Arizona and is prized for its' deep crimson tone with jet black veins.

This brush handle has just been listed on my site at www.eliterazor.com

Bloody Basin Jasper (26mm)
[Image: A0nYuoR.jpg]
[Image: KVus7Af.jpg]

Bob

This is probably the last piece I will get completed before all the family begins to descend on my house for Thanksgiving.

I wish you all a happy and safe Thanksgiving.

Ivory over Blue and Gold (26mm)
11417a.jpg
11417e.jpg

Bob

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I had the opportunity to complete 2 new brushes and they have just been listed at www.eliterazor.com. These are beauties, check them out.

Arizona Jade (26mm)
[Image: LfQKc9m.jpg]
[Image: ZioC2Ed.jpg]

Speckled Amber (26mm)
[Image: ikQCprG.jpg]
[Image: aTRRrMs.jpg]

Bob

I hope you all had a Happy New Year.

I've just listed the Tourmaline Laced Quartz brush shown below on my site at www.eliterazor.com. I also have quite a few excellent brushes and razor handles available, such as the Barber Pole brush pictured below. Please stop by and take a look.

Tourmaline Laced Quartz - 26mm
[Image: RoYpyhV.jpg]
[Image: BGPobHU.jpg]

Barber Pole - 26mm
[Image: qIIbmJ7.jpg]
[Image: 6cTGLpD.jpg]

Bob

My production has slowed down a bit, but I have just completed and listed this beautiful Arizona Jade brush at www.eliterazor.com. Please stop by and take a look at this brush, as well as many others that are in stock and available.

Arizona Jade, also known as North American Jade or Jadeite, is found in areas from the southwest up to Montana. Jade stone is very hard and was shaped into tools by Neolithic people. The Aztecs, Mayas and other North American peoples of Mexico and Central America carved Jadeite for use as ornaments, amulets and badges of rank.

Arizona Jade (26mm)
[Image: QhThV06.jpg]
[Image: lZagKZp.jpg]

Bob

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My production has slowed down a bit, but I have just completed and listed this beautiful Arizona Jade brush at www.eliterazor.com. Please stop by and take a look at this brush, as well as many others that are in stock and available.

Arizona Jade, also known as North American Jade or Jadeite, is found in areas from the southwest up to Montana. Jade stone is very hard and was shaped into tools by Neolithic people. The Aztecs, Mayas and other North American peoples of Mexico and Central America carved Jadeite for use as ornaments, amulets and badges of rank.

Arizona Jade (26mm)
[Image: QhThV06.jpg]
[Image: lZagKZp.jpg]

Bob
That is gorgeous.

A short while ago, a customer sent me picture of a brush I had built more than 10 years ago. While I still remembered the brush, I had forgotten how comfortable and good it feels in the hand. I had no answer as to why I had never built another, but that has now been rectified. This brush has just been listed at www.eliterazor.com.

Azurite with Malachite (26mm)
[Image: dHgS8sD.jpg]
[Image: TfLVeYA.jpg]

Bob

I've just added a couple of new brushes to my site at www.eliterazor.com. These are exceptional pieces of wood.

Lignum Vitae with Malachite (26mm)

Lignum Vitae has a growth range limited to the West Indies, Central America, and northern South America. The name is Latin for "wood of life" and derives from its medicinal uses. The resin has been used to treat a variety of medical conditions from coughs to arthritis. Wood chips can also be used to brew a tea. Lignum Vitae is one of the hardest and heaviest woods (three times as hard as oak) and will rapidly sink to the bottom when placed in water. Another place that Lignum Vitae is used is in United States courtrooms, where the judge's gavel is traditionally made from this fine wood. According to T.H. White's Version of the Artus Saga "The Once and Future King", Lignum Vitae has special magical powers, as the staff of Merlin is made from it. This handle has an accent ring of Malachite, bracketed by Copper.

[Image: aAPv2GL.jpg]
[Image: mBcaHgL.jpg]

Black Box Burl (26mm)

Black Box burl is found in South Australia. The burl is exceptionally dense and very rare. It is a member of the Eucalyptus family.

The burl in this piece looks like it is on fire.

[Image: Sq6UVjm.jpg]
[Image: QIWZCi4.jpg]

Bob

FarmerTan

I've just added a couple of new brushes to my site at www.eliterazor.com. These are exceptional pieces of wood.

Lignum Vitae has a growth range limited to the West Indies, Central America, and northern South America. The name is Latin for "wood of life" and derives from its medicinal uses. The resin has been used to treat a variety of medical conditions from coughs to arthritis. Wood chips can also be used to brew a tea. Lignum Vitae is one of the hardest and heaviest woods (three times as hard as oak) and will rapidly sink to the bottom when placed in water. Another place that Lignum Vitae is used is in United States courtrooms, where the judge's gavel is traditionally made from this fine wood. According to T.H. White's Version of the Artus Saga "The Once and Future King", Lignum Vitae has special magical powers, as the staff of Merlin is made from it. This handle has an accent ring of Malachite, bracketed by Copper.

Black Box Burl (26mm)

Black Box burl is found in South Australia. The burl is exceptionally dense and very rare. It is a member of the Eucalyptus family.

Bob
Bob: those are absolutely exquisite! Wow.

FarmerTan

Black Box Burl (26mm)

Bob
Bob: those are absolutely exquisite! Wow.

Over the weekend, I had the opportunity to turn the last of my Barber Pole brush blanks. This beauty has just been listed on my site at www.eliterazor.com.

The modern Barber’s Pole originated in the day when blood-letting was one of the principal duties of the barbering trade. The two spiral ribbons painted around the pole represented two long bandages, one twisted around the arm before bleeding (to make the vein stand out), and the other used to bind it afterwards. The first European poles contained only red and white stripes and some historians credit the blue stripe on the American poles as having been transported from blue and white bands on English poles of the 1700’s. Other authorities say that American barbers added the blue stripe to their red and white poles as a patriotic gesture.

Barber Pole (26mm)

[Image: FAjQ0mx.jpg]
[Image: tjTyknw.jpg]

Bob

It's been awhile since I've done any new razor handles and I wanted to set out a few new offerings. The fittings are made of medical grade Stainless Steel and threaded to accept most standard heads, such as Edwin Jagger, Merkur, Ikon, Muhle, etc. These handles may also be fitted onto a Merkur chassis (38C for the longer handles and 34C for the shorter ones). Lastly, they are also available as "Handle Only", to be fitted with your razor head.

Molten Metal
2578a.jpg

Italian Flag
2579a.jpg

I also have a number of handles in process made of Buckeye burl and resin. I expect them to be fully cured early next week and will be listed then. Below is an example:
2573a.jpg

Bob

It's been a while since I've built some new brushes, but the 2 shown below have just been listed on my site at www.eliterazor.com.

The Quartz Webbed Onyx is a new stone for me. I've been wanting to build a handle from it for a long time and I'm really glad to have the opportunity. It has a really clean and classic look. The Kingman Turquoise is a standard for me and they always turn out beautifully.

Quartz Webbed Onyx - 26mm
[Image: EWeJXJt.jpg]
[Image: 24wAABJ.jpg]

Kingman Turquoise - 26mm
[Image: vLPJO51.jpg]
[Image: 603RmZy.jpg]

Bob

Top Bottom