What's new

Elite Razor - Custom and Unique Razors and Brushes

I've been a bit preoccupied for the past several weeks, but did manage to complete a couple of new brushes that have just been listed on my site at www.eliterazor.com. The Thuya burl brush has excellent figure and the Mokume-Gane Cobalt and Carbon brush is magnificent.

I also have quite a selection of other pieces in a variety of materials, such as wood, stone, resin and a hybrid combination of resin and wood available. Please stop by and take a look.

Mokume-Gane Cobalt and Carbon (26 - 28mm)
[Image: maBUBqD.jpg]
[Image: qQkK5Yz.jpg]

Thuya Burl (26mm)
[Image: RgipQUv.jpg]
[Image: 7pC4cve.jpg]

As always, thanks for looking.

Bob

Shown below are a few new additions just listed at www.eliterazor.com. The Mesquite burl and Gold Mist is outstanding, the spalted Hackberry is a new wood for me and the spalting really enhances the grain and the Quilted Sapele is an elegant classic shape handle.

Ivory over Quilted Sapele (26mm)
[Image: fyjn8zZ.jpg]

Mesquite Burl and Gold Mist (28mm)
[Image: 6h1awrd.jpg]

Spalted Hackberry (24mm)
[Image: SLYR8y7.jpg]

Bob

This is a continuation of my previous post. I'm still refining the casting technique to create these swirling colored handles. They are all great looking handles, but some come closer to the target I was aiming for and that is reflected in the pricing.

Please stop by Elite Razor and take a look.

Chestnut Brown and White (26mm)
[Image: utTfQ7T.jpg]
[Image: j1AKnLk.jpg]

Caribbean Blue and White (28mm)
[Image: OWNUf1q.jpg]
[Image: NHNnTQQ.jpg]

Emerald Green and White (26mm)
[Image: eKmkKJW.jpg]
[Image: hGOkibs.jpg]

Ruby Red and White (28mm)
[Image: mOYYvgA.jpg]
[Image: lzKWM2A.jpg]

Bob

This brush handle may be the best resin pour I've ever done. I didn't have very high expectations when it came out of the mold, but as I turned more away, the better it got. I wanted to include a view from all sides as the presentation changes with each 1/4 turn.

I've just listed this piece on my site at www.eliterazor.com.

Blue, Gold and White (26mm)
[Image: 1sFY710.jpg]
[Image: WjHuiCY.jpg]
[Image: e6nYPH5.jpg]
[Image: spXanq8.jpg]

Bob

I've had this piece of Mokume-Gane material sitting on my bench for quite a while taunting me to turn it. It is a combination of Carbon and Copper, fused in the traditional Japanese style and has just been listed at eliterazor.com.

Technology only recently made this material available in a form that may be worked on a lathe. Mokume-Gane (pronounced Moe-koo-may Gah-nay) is the ancient Japanese metal working technique where layers of contrasting color metals such as copper, brass, nickel silver, gold, and silver are fusion welded with very high heat and pressure into one solid block of metal. Traditional Mokume-Gane is extremely rare and sells for hundreds if not thousands of dollars for a very small quantity. The name “Mokume Gane” refers to the visual appearance of a pattern in metal approximating that of wood. “Mokume” literally means “wood eye”, which would be used to describe a highly figured wood grain. “Gane” translates as metal. So, in English, “wood grain metal” is a near-literal translation.

Carbon and Copper (28mm)
[Image: AcwYL5U.jpg]
[Image: U8s5WMK.jpg]

Bob

I just listed a few new pieces I wrapped up recently. I hope you like them.

Arizona Jade Fusion or Mach 3 razor
[Image: mPlMAVs.jpg]
[Image: Engifcu.jpg]

Kingman Turquoise (28mm)
[Image: BSuVlll.jpg]
[Image: okhrAzL.jpg]

Blue Storm (26mm)
[Image: x1Jymy8.jpg]
[Image: n1GeAFw.jpg]

Bob

This the second iteration of the Blue Storm brush. It is combination of 3 different shades of blue swirled together. Although it is cut for a 24mm knot, the handle may be adjusted to accept a 26mm knot.

This handle is now available on my site.

Blue Storm (24 - 26mm)
proxy.php
proxy.php

Bob

Pearl White and Gold swirl, just came out of the shop and is now listed and available at www.eliterazor.com. I was a bit unsure how these colors would work together, but I'm very pleased with the results.

Pearl White and Gold (24mm - 26mm)
[Image: Iv3pjv7.jpg]
[Image: oiYqzQX.jpg]

Bob

I've gotten back to my roots, so to speak, and completed several exceptional wood brushes. These have just been listed on my site.

Black and White Ebony (24mm)

Black and White Ebony is found in Southeast Asia and Laos. Black & White Ebony is considered to be a rare find and is one of the more expensive timbers on the commercial market. A heavy wood, the core is cream colored with gray and brilliant black marble shading. Black and White Ebony is used primarily for woodcrafts and decorative items.

[Image: q1L6oha.jpg]
[Image: eFddlgZ.jpg]

Jamaica Dogwood (24mm)

Jamaica Dogwood is native to the West Indies and is the national tree of Jamaica. The wood is a heavy, durable hardwood with a yellow-brown color. It is valued for boat building, woodcarving, making fences and for charcoal. From time immemorial, the bark has been used for catching fish. The leaves, twigs, and root bark are collected, macerated with the residue from the distillation of rum or with lime water, then transferred into baskets, and this concoction is dragged up and down the water until the fish are stupefied and float to the surface.

[Image: gdPFCSm.jpg]
[Image: ULeYzFU.jpg]

Two-tone Desert Ironwood

Desert Ironwood only grows in the washes and valleys of the Sonoran Desert below 2,500 foot elevation. Desert Ironwood is very hard and dense. It actually sinks in water. Tradition has it that carvings made from the Desert Ironwood bring good fortune and long life. Desert Ironwood reaches maturity at 2000 years, more or less. It was originally used by the Seri Native Americans of Mexico for tool handles. Today the Seri Indians make carvings of desert plants and animals from the ironwood. Desert Ironwood was the original choice of material for the grips of the Colt .45 handgun.

[Image: nK4H9rk.jpg]
[Image: XYMkzsw.jpg]

Bob

I had a productive weekend and completed some beautiful brushes. The brushes shown below have just been listed on my site at www.eliterazor.com.

Bloody Basin Jasper (26mm)
[Image: 73jGkFI.jpg]
[Image: 2EdNOU4.jpg]

Black and White Resin (24mm)
[Image: u9LL4zP.jpg]
[Image: YVLngfC.jpg]

Desert Ironwood (26mm)
[Image: 0PBvjoi.jpg]
[Image: 3iuQhag.jpg]

Brown and White Resin (26mm)
[Image: Sj8ZgBQ.jpg]
[Image: gHHib8x.jpg]

Red, White and Blue Resin (24mm)
[Image: 5ZdKX99.jpg]
[Image: HfstS3C.jpg]

Bob

This 28mm Flaming Orange over Irish Bog Oak brush is special and has just been listed on my site.

The boglands of Ireland are a vast living treasure trove for precious and unique material. Bog wood, more ancient than the pyramids of Egypt, has been naturally preserved, and has lain hidden for over 5,000 years. Radiocarbon dating at Queen’s University, Belfast confirms: “In providing dates along with sculptured wood, you can safely say, in the case of bog oak, the date of growth of the wood is between 3300 and 3600 BC”. There are many folk legends surrounding the old bog sites of Ireland, especially during the hours of darkness: it was, and perhaps still is, a commonly held belief that when the mist enveloped the bog and the blue flame (from static electricity), danced across the surface at dusk, it was a sure indication that “the little” people were cooking their supper.

[Image: 4visSFo.jpg]
[Image: eMpGzr9.jpg]

Bob

Quite a few new stone brushes have just been listed at www.eliterazor.com. Stop by and take a look.

Azurite with Malachite (26mm)
[Image: GseWXSJ.jpg]

Chrysocolla (26mm)
[Image: Iu1FPaz.jpg]

Larimar (26mm)
[Image: sPgImPE.jpg]

Copper Laced Onyx (26mm)
[Image: AjkenqP.jpg]

Imperial Jade (26mm)
[Image: X9RdLSH.jpg]

Tourmaline Laced Quartz (26mm)
[Image: KaOfUaX.jpg]

Kingman Turquoise (26mm)
[Image: SxlUPF4.jpg]

Malachite (26mm)
[Image: hNvifmv.jpg]

Bob

This is a new stone for me and I'm very pleased with how it turned out. It is Sonoran Sunset, also known as Sonora Sunrise, which is a trade name for an eye-catching red and green gem material. It occurs naturally as a rock composed mainly of bluish-green Chrysocolla and bright red Cuprite. That color combination can be cut into beautiful cabochons that suggest a green landscape under a brilliant red sky. The red sky and its Sonora, Mexico origin were combined to make the “Sonora Sunset” name.

This brush has just been listed on my site, along with quite a few other exceptional stone brushes.

Sonoran Sunset (24mm)
[Image: F1Zd5jt.jpg]
[Image: YaDYQ3g.jpg]

Bob

Top Bottom