What's new

Elite Razor - Custom and Unique Razors and Brushes

This segmented Walnut burl brush has been in the works for quite some time and has just been listed on my site at www.eliterazor.com

Walnut Burl (28mm)
[Image: X6Eiu34.jpg]

As always, thanks for looking.

Bob

Every year I build a "Christmas Brush", but this year I built two. These will be the last new additions before the holiday.

The first reminds me of the beach, where I would prefer to be spending Christmas and the second has more of a traditional Christmas feel.

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas.

Ivory over Blue, Green and Orange (26mm)
[Image: VVgDQKB.jpg]

Red and Silver over Gold Flakes (26mm)
[Image: 4B1Cqhj.jpg]

Bob

Firstly, I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and happy holiday.

I was able to finish up 2 more brushes before I settle down for a long Winter's nap. Both have just been listed on my site at www.eliterazor.com.

Amboyna Burl (26mm) The figure on this piece is amazing.
[Image: Xt6odXf.jpg]

Green, Yellow and White Stripe (26mm)
[Image: ImXOtR6.jpg]

There are also many other beautiful pieces available, such as this extraordinary Honduran Rosewood burl brush.
[Image: KQEDJ8p.jpg]

Bob

I hope you all had a safe and happy Christmas. I had a couple of brushes that fully cured over the last several days and have just been listed on my site.

Please stop by and take a look.

Two-Tone Amboyna Burl (24mm)
[Image: eAI5lXE.jpg]
[Image: psZWFMc.jpg]

Pink Ivory and Resin (26mm)
[Image: K55Biyp.jpg]
[Image: Asxaddf.jpg]

Pink Ivory and Resin (26mm)
[Image: ZmOhekI.jpg]
[Image: HjZhxd2.jpg]

Bob

I just got 2 more stone handles completed and listed on my site. These will be the last pieces of this year and they are eligible for the 25% discount currently in place through the end of the year.

Blue Lapis (26mm)
[Image: mJmjmzc.jpg]

Tourmaline Laced Quartz (26mm)
[Image: YyX5SuQ.jpg]

I wish everyone a safe and happy New Year.

Bob

Last day for a 25% discount on all razor and brush handles at Elite Razor. Lots of great pieces still available.

[Image: x4Fir04.jpg]

Hi Bob. Do you ship orders to Europe ( Lithuania) ? Thinking about custom razor handle.
I'm afraid I only ship directly within the United States. I do suggest that you may use a Package Forwarding Service for International shipment. Please see the FAQS on my website for information about these services.

Thanks, Bob

Well, it's a new year and I've completed some new brushes. I don't do segmenting with stone very often, so I thought I would build a few. I hope you like them.

Copper Laced Onyx (26mm)

Copper Laced Onyx, which is a member of the chalcedony family which also includes carnelian, agate, bloodstone, etc. Occurring naturally in a variety of colors, black onyx is polished to enhance appearance, a member of the quartz family. The name comes from the Greek word onyx which means nail of a finger or claw. Legend says that one day while Venus was sleeping Eros/Cupid cut her fingernails and left the clippings scattered on the ground. Because no part of a heavenly body can die, the gods turned them into stone which later became known as Onyx. The black segment is pure Onyx.
[Image: 1cUsoy5.jpg]
[Image: iDspKn6.jpg]

Imperial Jade (26mm)

Jade (pronounced “Yu” in Chinese – meaning “the most beautiful stone”) has been considered a royal gem in China from the earliest dynasties up until present times, and is inextricably woven into ancient and modern Chinese culture. The use of Jade in China dates back some 8,000 to 12,000 years, and was an integral part of commercial, religious and ceremonial life. In ancient China, Jade was held in higher esteem than materials such as gold or silver. There is an ancient Chinese proverb that says: “Gold is estimable, but Jade is priceless.”.
[Image: Cpg3zbQ.jpg]
[Image: U78h8D5.jpg]

Bob

A few more new additions to my site. Two stone and two Buckeye burl and resin brushes.

Lots to look at, so please stop by at www.eliterazor.com.

Larimar (26mm)
[Image: pGmdUMa.jpg]

Azurite with Malachite (26mm)
[Image: LNaR63B.jpg]

Buckeye Burl and Resin (26mm)
[Image: cPVfE7w.jpg]

Buckeye Burl and Resin (26mm)
[Image: Y4UDIeA.jpg]

Bob

Back to my roots, so to speak. Turning highly figured exotic wood has always been my first passion. The figure is exposed and changes with each pass on the lathe and I'm always surprised when I uncover the beauty that Mother Nature provided.

These two brushes are wonderful specimens of their species and some of my favorite to work with.

Desert Ironwood (26mm)
[Image: vWjmI5j.jpg]

Red Mallee Burl (26mm) The small natural voids in this piece were filled with pulverized Quartz.
[Image: Xss8j4k.jpg]

The following brush is already spoken for, but is one of the finest examples of Honduran Rosewood burl I've ever had the pleasure to work.
[Image: kmL4Jz5.jpg]

Bob

Whenever I do a resin pour with multiple colors interspersed, the results are always a surprise. You can't really see the patterns that will emerge until you actually begin turning the piece, so each one is a unique surprise. I was very pleased with the results on these 2 handles.

Blue. Red, White and Gold (26mm)
proxy.php

Ivory, Chestnut and Gold (24 - 26mm)
proxy.php

Bob

Just listed - These three 28mm brushes are now available at www.eliterazor.com. I had a couple of requests for brushes that would support a larger knot, so I built a few extra.

Gold Laced Onyx (28mm)
[Image: i0Us6wP.jpg]
[Image: kkvwvoi.jpg]

Ice Blue and Ruby Red (28mm)
[Image: XnnJwwc.jpg]
[Image: D9b1tTI.jpg]

Green and Blue (28mm)
[Image: IeRz1cU.jpg]
[Image: CcMsei7.jpg]

Bob

Top Bottom