What's new

Elite Razor - Custom and Unique Razors and Brushes

I've been working the past couple of weeks to put together a very nice selection of metal, wood, stone and resin brushes. The brushes shown below will go live on my site at www.eliterazor.com at 5:00 pm Eastern Time today.

Please take a look and see if there is something you might like to see in your den.

White over Blue and Green with a Copper accent ring (24mm)
[Image: FLo82h4.jpg]

Black and Gold Resin over Transparent Green (26mm)
[Image: H7uLjKN.jpg]

Mokume-Gane fusion of Cobalt and Gold (24mm)
[Image: umnW0op.jpg]

Ivory over Blue and Orange with Brass and Black accent rings (26mm)
[Image: GxYAexe.jpg]

Larimar (26mm)
[Image: GeGBTGL.jpg]

Ivory over Blue, Green and Orange (26mm)
[Image: tdVlNpL.jpg]

Flaming Orange over Irish Bog Oak (26mm)
[Image: AZvP1CC.jpg]

Maple Burl with 4 Chrysocolla inserts (26mm)
[Image: 9Pk0xY0.jpg]

Black and White Ebony (26mm)
[Image: uWMOAY9.jpg]

Masur Birch (24mm) - This is a very rare and beautiful wood. This is the first time I've seen it in over 10 years
[Image: k4QSZPE.jpg]

Burl and Resin (24mm)
[Image: VrqESKo.jpg]

As always, thanks for looking.

Bob

Two new brushes have just been listed on my site at www.eliterazor.com. The Afzelia burl is a Gallery Grade specimen, showing a bit of the figured sapwood along with the burled heartwood. The Multicolor brush is made of brilliantly bright colors and changes dramatically as the handle is turned.

Afzelia Burl (26mm)
[Image: 62lPFT3.jpg]
[Image: cg4WzM0.jpg]

Multicolor (26mm)
[Image: 2MymQyL.jpg]
[Image: NFgGVob.jpg]

Bob

I've been working on a few stone handles and have just listed them on my site.

Wild horse Jasper (24 - 26mm)
[Image: MMVHhCV.jpg]

Gold Laced Onyx (24 - 26mm)
[Image: vfjJCs2.jpg]

Malachite (24 - 26mm)
[Image: ig1qqNI.jpg]

Azurite with Malachite (24mm)

I rarely turn the traditional Persian Jar shape, I should make them more often. It's a classic shape for a reason.
[Image: GqX1xWr.jpg]

Bob

These are the newest batch of brushes to come out of the shop. These are some exceptional pieces.

Waterfall Bubinga (24 - 26mm)
[Image: 0G4CSSW.jpg]

Blue and Copper over Bloodwood (24 - 26mm)
[Image: PvgUT2y.jpg]

Amboyna Burl and transparent Resin with blue trails (26mm)
[Image: m5ryMTS.jpg]

Madagascar Plum Burl and Resin (26mm)
[Image: Km3WNla.jpg]

Bob

Admittedly, I've focused most of my work on brushes and haven't done many razor handles in quite a while. I had a nice piece of Tourmaline Laced Quartz and built the three handles shown below in the shapes I generally employ. They are presented in the various configurations offered on my site, from left to right:

3-piece razor with either a Merkur, Edwin Jagger or a Muhle head. Handle is in the Standard shape.

Razor handle only. Handle is in the Tapered shape.

Custom Merkur 34C (or 38C, depending upon the handle length). Handle is in the Profiled shape.

[Image: t4z1SJk.jpg]

I realize that I may have gone overboard in the pursuit of a "build your own" razor with the various shapes and configurations. Please let me know you have any questions.

These three pieces have been listed on my site, along with many other handles in a variety of materials. Check out the Wildlife section for some of the most unique handles in the market.

Bob

I've had this small piece of striped resin in my shop for a while wanting me to turn it. It was too small for a complete handle, but the pure black knot cup was the perfect answer.

The stripes are more of a Butterscotch color than is represented in the picture.

Licorice and Butterscotch (24 - 26mm)
[Image: yFXgFq5.jpg]
[Image: SBaIRX8.jpg]

Bob

Reminds me of a (never implemented) paint scheme I designed for one of my motorcycles many years ago. I believe I will shave 25% faster with this brush.

I have just finished and listed these three beautiful brushes on my site at www.eliterazor.com. In addition to these brushes, there is an excellent selection of of razor and brush handles available. Please stop by and take a look.

Honduran Rosewood Burl (24mm) This may be the finest specimen of Honduran Rosewood I have ever seen.
[Image: 6dUsfwW.jpg]

Desert Ironwood (24mm)
[Image: Koqw19H.jpg]

Honduran Rosewood Burl (24mm)
[Image: Fhw3ri0.jpg]

Bob

I got one more brush finished this evening and it's very nice. It has just been listed on my site.

Ivory over Ocean Waves (26mm)
[Image: ulabilQ.jpg]
[Image: 9TxVcru.jpg]

Bob

A couple of exceptional brushes came out of the shop today and have just been listed on my site at www.eliterazor.com. Both are made from Gallery Grade specimens of rare burl wood, Honduran Rosewood and Laos Ironwood.

Honduran Rosewood Burl (26mm)
[Image: dCx8sAS.jpg]

Laos Ironwood Burl (26mm)
[Image: m4l0CMt.jpg]

Bob

I've had this small piece of striped resin in my shop for a while wanting me to turn it. It was too small for a complete handle, but the pure black knot cup was the perfect answer.

The stripes are more of a Butterscotch color than is represented in the picture.

Licorice and Butterscotch (24 - 26mm)
[Image: yFXgFq5.jpg]
[Image: SBaIRX8.jpg]

Bob
love this, would look great displayed at front of my collection 💙👍🏼

A few new brushes have just been completed and are now listed on my site at www.eliterazor.com. I have an excellent selection of brush and razor handles available, please stop by and take a look.

Black and Grey (26mm)
[Image: y8yBMBp.jpg]

Mesquite burl and Resin (26mm)
[Image: s9C6SBl.jpg]

Amboyna burl and Resin (26mm)
[Image: ueN92Ih.jpg]

Bob

After 4 days without power and another with no internet, I was finally able to get back into the shop and finish up a couple of brush handles I had in progress. These have just been listed at www.eliterazor.com.

Bethlehem Olive Wood (26mm)

Rarely do I get a piece of this wood that presents with the grain running horizontally. It almost looks like sand dunes in the desert.
[Image: mGmdPl9.jpg]

Ivory over Kansas Sky (24 - 26mm)
[Image: 2pHZ02r.jpg]

Ivory over Blue and Silver (26 - 28mm)
[Image: SVpU0lR.jpg]

I have also just received some very nice Boar bristle knots that are available in 20, 24 and 28mm knots. These are listed under the Standard Knots category on my site at a very attractive price.
[Image: jduhKZg.jpg]

Bob

This guy is a real beauty. The wood is Buckeye burl accented with a crimson resin. The figure in this piece of burl is outstanding.

This brush has just been listed on my site at www.eliterazor.com

Burl and Resin (24mm)
[Image: dK8PIjg.jpg]
[Image: 9tlz7rF.jpg]

Bob

I have just listed these brushes on my site at www.eliterazor.com. They are all outstanding pieces.

Amboyna Burl (24mm)

This piece of Amboyna sapwood has absolutely insane figure.
[Image: TuNNL8O.jpg]

Madagascar Plum Burl and Resin (26mm)
[Image: LY9HryP.jpg]

Amboyna Burl and Resin (26mm)
[Image: EdSdHdw.jpg]

Koala Burl and Resin (26mm)
[Image: xIqeerZ.jpg]

Bob

These razors are from a special project I just completed for Historical Woods of America. They are made from historic wood in excess of 200 years old. The two on the right are Tulip Poplar planted by Thomas Jefferson at Monticello. The two in the center are from a Walnut tree that stood behind George Washington's distillery at Mount Vernon. The two on the right are from Horse Chestnut trees planted by Washington at his mother's home in Frederickburg, Va.

[Image: RESYwzj.jpg]

Bob

I wrapped up a couple of new hybrid brushes today and have just listed them on my site at www.eliterazor.com. These are some unusual woods and they came out great.

If you've started thinking about the holidays, I've got a great selection of razors and brushes available.

Pink Ivory and Resin (24mm)
[Image: 7AyiLs8.jpg]

Koala Burl and Resin (24mm)
[Image: 8iVAPhO.jpg]

Olive Wood and Resin (24mm)
[Image: V5GwDRt.jpg]

Bob

I hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving and are gearing up for a wonderful Christmas. Between working on several new projects, I've just completed a couple of new brushes that have been in progress for several weeks.

Please check out the brush selection on my site at www.eliterazor.com. I've reduced the price on quite a few of the pieces that have been on my shelf for a while.

Pink Ivory and Resin (24mm)
[Image: vQwN8St.jpg]

Thuya Burl and Resin (24mm)
[Image: ixsUZvG.jpg]

Bob

I haven't built one of these in a while, but everyone likes something sparkly and gold at Christmas.

Black with Gold Leaf (28mm)
[Image: Km8p1pW.jpg]
[Image: kQfhHCF.jpg]

Bob

These stone brushes came out of the shop yesterday and have just been listed on my site at www.eliterazor.com. Like my children, it's hard to decide which I like best.

Larimar (26mm)

Larimar is distinctive gem that is found exclusively within a small inaccessible mountainous region of the Dominican Republic. It is a variety of Pectolite, an acid silicate hydrate of calcium and sodium, not a very uncommon mineral in all parts of the world. However, Larimar demands attention by gemologists because of its brilliant volcanic blue coloration. The discovery of Larimar, also known as the Dolphin or Atlantis stone, is quite phenomenal. The blue coloration that is rarely found in gems, combined with its occurrence only in a small inaccessible island makes it rarer. Today, Larimar is regarded as a treasure to possess and this is solely attributed to the wonderful brilliance of the stone and its effect on humans.
[Image: 4H90Vcs.jpg]
[Image: BfOb3at.jpg]

Wild Horse Jasper (26mm)

Wild Horse Jasper is associated with the birthstone month of January. Wild Horse Jasper is named for the location where it is mined, at the Wild Horse Canyon in Oregon. It belongs to the family of quartz. The name is Greek in origin, meaning “spotted or speckled stone” and Jasper was a favorite gemstone of ancient times and can be traced back to Greek, Hebrew, Persian, Latin, and Assyrian literature. In mythology, Jasper is said to have powers to keep evil and fatal insect or reptile bites at bay. This particularly handsome Wild Horse Jasper stone is prized for its' crimson and jet-black veins.
[Image: ZL6CjqB.jpg]
[Image: sEDetS5.jpg]

Tourmaline Laced Quartz (26mm)

Tourmaline Laced Quartz may be found in mountainous areas throughout the United States, but predominately in the northern Sierra Nevada area. Quartz is the second most abundant mineral in the Earth's crust, after Feldspar. Quartz can appear in many colors from bright purple to milky white to absolutely clear. Roman naturalist Pliny the Elder, believed Quartz to be water ice, permanently frozen after great lengths of time. (The word "crystal" comes from the Greek word for purity.) He supported this idea by saying that Quartz is found near glaciers in the Alps, but not on volcanic mountains.
[Image: A1AZb8y.jpg]
[Image: wsKpTq1.jpg]

Bob

Top Bottom