What's new

Elite Razor - Custom and Unique Razors and Brushes

I finished up a couple of new pieces today that I've been working on for a while. They are now listed and available on my site.

Honduran Rosewood with Bloody Basin Jasper (24 - 26mm)
[Image: SzuhlOC.jpg]

Irish Bog Oak with Silver Rings
[Image: 3Dip5CZ.jpg]

I've had lots of time in the shop over the past several weeks and have a great selection of brush and razor handles listed at www.eliterazor.com. I wanted to re-introduce you to just a few of the beautiful handles I have on my shelf waiting for a new home. From left to right, Cherry Burl, Fire and Ice, Chesnut Brown over Gold flake and Buckeye Burl.
[Image: 1VeAjO0.jpg]

As always, thanks for looking.

Bob

Love that cherry burl. Wish I could afford it. One day I will be able to get one of your brushes. You make amazing brushes.

Just out of the shop. This handle is made of Black Ash Burl and features accent rings of Gold Laced Onyx. It is set up to accept a 26mm knot.

Black Ash burl is native to the Great Lakes and Acadia regions of North America. The wood of black ash is strongly ring-porous, making it ideal for basketry splint, barrel hoops, snowshoe frames, canoe ribs, and material for woven chair seats. It is darker colored with more grain and used largely for furniture and interior finish. Black ash is an important tree for the making of lacrosse sticks used by the Mohawk and other tribes of the Eastern United States. The inner bark of the black ash was used to make a bark barrel by the Iroquois which was made for storing dried vegetables, fruits, and seeds, as well as clothing. The tree traditionally was a valuable medicine to many tribes in Eastern North America.

[Image: EcYWGFr.jpg]

Bob

I always post picture of my work with a brand new knot dry-fit into the handle and I realized that doesn't give a good image of how the knot will appear after it has bloomed.

The picture below shows two 30mm Manchurian White Fan knots set into Silver and Copper handles (these handles will be listed in the next day or so). The knot on the right is brand new and has never seen a drop of water. The handle on the left was soaked in warm water for 15 minutes and allowed to dry. This is a good side-by-side presentation of how well these knots will bloom. These knots were identical before the one on the left was soaked.

[Image: 4C7g7CZ.jpg]

Bob

I always post picture of my work with a brand new knot dry-fit into the handle and I realized that doesn't give a good image of how the knot will appear after it has bloomed.

The picture below shows two 30mm Manchurian White Fan knots set into Silver and Copper handles (these handles will be listed in the next day or so). The knot on the right is brand new and has never seen a drop of water. The handle on the left was soaked in warm water for 15 minutes and allowed to dry. This is a good side-by-side presentation of how well these knots will bloom. These knots were identical before the one on the left was soaked.

[Image: 4C7g7CZ.jpg]

Bob

I witnessed this first hand this morning with a 24mm manchurian badger fan knot. It's a really nice knot.

I finished up a couple of new pieces today that I've been working on for a while. They are now listed and available on my site.

Honduran Rosewood with Bloody Basin Jasper (24 - 26mm)
[Image: SzuhlOC.jpg]

Irish Bog Oak with Silver Rings
[Image: 3Dip5CZ.jpg]

I've had lots of time in the shop over the past several weeks and have a great selection of brush and razor handles listed at www.eliterazor.com. I wanted to re-introduce you to just a few of the beautiful handles I have on my shelf waiting for a new home. From left to right, Cherry Burl, Fire and Ice, Chesnut Brown over Gold flake and Buckeye Burl.
[Image: 1VeAjO0.jpg]

Bob
Love the Irish bog oak...

Fresh out of the shop - four new brushes are cured and ready for a new home. These are now listed and available on my site.

Bois de Rose (26mm)

This sought-after and prized hardwood is only found on the African island of Madagascar. Bois de Rose is French for “rosewood” and it is in the true rosewood genus Dalbergia. The heartwood color is a vibrant magenta or reddish purple, sometimes with darker violet-black streaks. The overall color tends to darken with age to a deep purple to nearly black. The wood is strong and heavy and is used extensively by luthiers for the building of high-end guitars.
[Image: VIQr4l5.jpg]

Irish Bog Oak (26mm)
[Image: UgXnheC.jpg]

Mesquite Burl with Transparent Blue Resin (26mm)
[Image: P0CErMO.jpg]

Amboyna Burl with Blue and Gold Resin (24mm)
[Image: uGg8wFK.jpg]

As always, thanks for looking and for your continued support of my work.

Bob

These are two exceptional brushes that have just been listed. Please check them out, along with all the pieces I've been building during this time of "shelter in place".

Papaturro Burl with Resin (26mm)
[Image: J1lZ1ob.jpg]

Spalted Tamarind with Speckled Amber (26mm)
[Image: SA3MK0A.jpg]

Bob

Please remember, I will be donating 40% of all razor and brush handle sales to The Giving Kitchen through May 31. Thank you all for the donations we've been able to provide over the last 6 weeks, it is truly appreciated.

The two brushes shown below have just been listed at www.eliterazor.com. There are many unique pieces available, please stop by and take a look.

Mesquite Burl and Resin (24 - 26mm)

Mesquite burl is found in Northern Mexico and the southwestern United States. Mesquite trees are also found in the Chihuahuan Desert of Mexico. Mesquite trees can reach a height of 20 to 30 feet, although mostly they are shrub size. Mesquite is an extremely hardy, drought-tolerant plant because it can draw water from the water table through its long taproot (recorded at up to 190 ft. in depth). Mesquite wood is hard, allowing it to be used for furniture and implements. The hard, dense lumber is also sold as Texas Ironwood and is rather harsh on saws, chain saws, and other tools. Artisans and woodcrafters in Northern Mexico claim that mesquite should be cut under the light of a full moon to avoid splitting. While this has not been proven, mesquite does take longer to cure than most hardwoods.
[Image: caEfjKy.jpg]

Amboyna Burl and Resin (24mm)

Amboyna burl is found in Indonesia, especially on the Andaman group of islands. Amboyna burl is one of the rarest & most expensive woods in the world. The burly part of the log is often very small, yielding only wood in small dimensions. The color ranges from deep yellow orange to deep red and after finishing Amboyna burl reveals a depth & liveliness in color like found in no other. Amboyna burl was a popular, frequently used wood in the Jugendstil epoch in the twenties. It was also the first burl wood to be used by Rolls Royce for dashboards.
[Image: VBDS9sZ.jpg]

As always, thanks for looking and for your support of The Giving Kitchen.

Bob

Just finished this Chestnut Brown and Copper brush this afternoon. The way the Copper flares as it turns is amazing. It has just been listed on my site.

Chestnut and Copper Resin (24mm)
[Image: NtQlQmu.jpg]

Bob

I completed these 2 exceptional brushes this afternoon. They have just been listed on my site at www.eliterazor.com and both feature metal accent rings around the base.

Black over Blue with Gold Accent (26mm)
[Image: 2P7P6nW.jpg]

Black over Blue and Copper with Copper Accent (24mm)
[Image: 6FHXr6V.jpg]

As always, thanks for looking,

Bob

Top Bottom