What's new

Elite Razor - Custom and Unique Razors and Brushes

A couple of Honduran Rosewood burl brushes that have just been added to my site at www.eliterazor.com.

Honduran Rosewood burl is found in Belize (British Honduras) and in river areas throughout Central America. The heartwood varies from brown to deep purple varying from light to dark in color. The sapwood is a contrasting light or cream blonde color. Since Honduran Rosewood turns well, it is used often for knife handles and piano legs. Other uses include percussion bars of xylophones, and fingerboards for banjos, guitars and mandolins. It is also used in fine furniture and cabinets, with highly figured logs sliced for decorative veneers and inlay work.

Honduran Rosewood Burl with Black Resin (24mm)
[Image: 42ipP1X.jpg]

Honduran Rosewood Burl (24mm)
[Image: Fdos7YO.jpg]

As always, thanks for looking.

Bob

I have been trying out some new shapes and colors and these are the first two to make it to completion. Both have a beautiful shimmer when the light hits them that is hard to properly capture in these pictures. They have just been listed on my site at www.eliterazor.com.

Brown/Green and White (26mm)
[Image: qMuqeUr.jpg]

Bronze and Green (24mm)
[Image: Y9rRpOi.jpg]

Bob

I just finished a couple of new brushes and they have been listed on my site at www.eliterazor.com.

This is an exceptional, Gallery Grade Plus, specimen of Desert Ironwood Burl - 24mm
[Image: rWcBxT1.jpg]
[Image: 3BowtMP.jpg]

In honor of the World Series Champion Washington Nationals, the two 24mm brushes shown below have the team logo medallion set into the base.
[Image: D791hjM.jpg]
[Image: bNMUaaR.jpg]

Bob

A lot of colors came out of the Crayola box to make this brush. This 24mm brush has just been listed and is available on my site at www.eliterazor.com.

[Image: SjEKX4u.jpg]

Bob

I have completed a couple of new brushes that have just been listed on my site at www.eliterazor.com. The first is the other half of the Pastel Dream piece that was shown in my previous post. The other two are experimental pieces where I was trying some new color combinations and are priced accordingly.

Pastel Dream - 24mm
[Image: 856TMij.jpg]

Tri-Color - 26mm
[Image: y7FKt9k.jpg]

Blue Fog - 26mm
[Image: wulbW8q.jpg]

Bob

I have just added a couple of new brushes to my site at www.eliterazor.com. The depth and movement in these handles is amazing.

Camo Green (24 - 26mm)
[Image: NKZPaX6.jpg]

Crimson Mist (24mm)
[Image: IZRn8w4.jpg]

Bob

I have just completed a group of burl and resin hybrid brushes and they are now listed on my site. The wood in these brushes is either Buckeye burl or Maple burl.

Resin and Burl - Buckeye (26mm)
[Image: QcdDM51.jpg]
[Image: GJsZdn5.jpg]

Resin and Burl - Buckeye (24mm)
[Image: 49JrHzZ.jpg]
[Image: FscjYpW.jpg]

Resin and Burl - Maple (24 - 26mm)
[Image: 8c6gvl4.jpg]
[Image: dAr1yD3.jpg]

Resin and Burl - Maple (24mm)
[Image: MYE2dcB.jpg]
[Image: LS46E2A.jpg]

Bob

A few new Resin and Burl brushes came out of the shop today and have been listed on my site.

[Image: 3RCe0Xc.jpg]
[Image: XJdv2FX.jpg]

Resin and Burl - Walnut (24mm)
[Image: khppoN5.jpg]
[Image: xljEuBO.jpg]

[Image: U0JSAsT.jpg]
[Image: EZrVefv.jpg]

[Image: YLGmMWW.jpg]
[Image: TXMAIJi.jpg]

Bob

Happy Thanksgiving to all and your families. I am particularly thankful for all the support I've received for my work since I started down this road in 2006.

Thanks, Bob

This Malachite beauty has just been listed on my site. It is set up to accept a 28mm knot.

Malachite (28mm)
[Image: XGR0qzP.jpg]
[Image: JESSCSv.jpg]

Bob

I have a number of new pieces I finished today and they have just been listed on my site. First is a beautiful Laos Ironwood burl brush. This wood is very rarely seen in the US and the is is the first I've been able to acquire in over 10 years. It is very dense with fine grain and wonderful figure.

I had recently made a razor and brush set for a customer and was so pleased with the result that I built 2 more from Kingman Turquoise and Azurite with Malachite. These will make great Christmas gifts for some one special (or yourself).

Laos Ironwood Burl - 26mm

Laos Ironwood burl grows in Southeast Asia. Laos Ironwood is very hard and dense and is traditionally used for cart building. The tree is also considered medicinal and the leaves are used to treat wounds in elephants.

[Image: mdyTMmq.jpg]
[Image: YwSappO.jpg]

Kingman Turquoise Razor and Brush - 26mm
[Image: exXmvwQ.jpg]
[Image: KHQ6v1E.jpg]

Azurite with Malachite Razor and Brush - 26mm
[Image: eLXdpaX.jpg]
[Image: 9GfjCEI.jpg]

Bob

A couple of new stone pieces were completed today and are now listed and available on my site.

Bloody Basin Jasper - 26mm
[Image: gBwUrXj.jpg]
[Image: 511SLUp.jpg]

Wild Horse Jasper - 26mm
[Image: yJ5QOHb.jpg]
[Image: RU4RU7w.jpg]

And as a "coming attraction", these two hybrid brushes are in the finishing process and I expect them to be fully cured and ready to go in the next 3-4 days.

[Image: JNIYeus.jpg]
[Image: pSmobMc.jpg]

Bob

This is a new Fire and Ice piece that was completed today and is now listed on my site. The depth of color and movement in this handle is just amazing. The handle is shown with a 24mm knot, but may be adjusted to accept a 26mm knot.

Fire and Ice (24 - 26mm)
[Image: uyZHMj2.jpg]
[Image: K4rOMDY.jpg]

Bob

Top Bottom