What's new

Elite Razor - Custom and Unique Razors and Brushes

This one is a special brush and I don't expect it to last long. It has just been listed at www.eliterazor.com.

Damascus Steel (26mm)

Damascus Steel, which technology only recently made available in a form that may be worked on a lathe. Traditional Damascus Steel is a type of steel alloy that is both hard and flexible, a combination that made it ideal for the building of swords. It is said that when Damascus-made swords were first encountered by Ottomans during the Crusades, it garnered an almost mythical reputation—a Damascus steel blade was said to be able to cut a piece of silk in half as it fell to the ground, as well as being able to chop through normal blades, or even rock, without losing its sharp edge.
proxy.php
proxy.php

As always, thanks for looking.

Bob

This brush is a Mokume-Gane fusion of Carbon and Copper. It is a 24mm brush with the socket measuring 26mm across and the handle height is 75mm. This brush has just been listed on my site. - SOLD

proxy.php
proxy.php

I also have 1 piece remaining of each of the materials used for the brushes shown below. Both pieces are of good size and can accommodate almost any handle style. If you are interested in having a brush built from either of these materials, please let me know.

Mokume-Gane Cobalt and Carbon
proxy.php

Damascus Steel
proxy.php

Bob

Last edited:
I have just completed and listed the brushes shown below. Both are exceptional.

Amboyna Burl - Two Tone (24mm)
proxy.php

Deep Green and Gold Flakes (24mm)
proxy.php

Bob

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
You consistently make some of the nicest brushes I've seen. I always enjoy seeing your new ones.

I just finished up the brush shown below this morning and it has been listed on my site. It is a large handle (76mm in height) and will accept either a 26 or 28mm knot. It is shown with a 26mm knot.

Chestnut Brown and Gold Flakes

proxy.php
proxy.php

Bob

Another new brush that has just been listed and is available on my site. I had built a custom order in this same color combination and was so impressed with the classic look of the result that I had to build another. This brush is comprised of 3 resin components simulating Briar Burl, Ivory and Ebony. It is shown with a 26mm knot, but can be adjusted to accept a 28mm knot.

Briar, Ivory and Ebony (26 - 28mm)

proxy.php
proxy.php

Bob

I finished up 2 more brushes this afternoon. Both have gold flakes floating in a tinted base. Check them out at www.eliterazor.com

Emerald Green (26 - 28mm)
proxy.php
proxy.php

Fiery Red - (26mm)
proxy.php
proxy.php

Bob

I recently came across some amazing Buckeye burl. The figure in this wood is unbelievable. The grain reminds me of an Edvard Munch or M. C. Escher print. These brushes have just been listed on my site.

Buckeye burl grows in the central states of the US. The botanical name for the Buckeye is Aesculus, from “Aesculapius,” the name of the mythological Greek god of medicine. The common name “Buckeye” was derived from the Native Americans who noticed that the glossy, chestnut-brown seeds with the lighter circular “eye” looked very similar to the eye of a buck (male) deer. Some believe that the buckeye relieves rheumatism pain and provides good fortune when carried in the pockets of their garments or worn as an amulet around the neck. Instantly dubbed “buckeye” in frontier speech, the mysterious nut was used as a general cure-all for generations. As a result, citizens of Ohio became known as “Buckeyes.” The buckeye tree was officially adapted as the state tree on October 2, 1953.

Buckeye Burl (26mm)
proxy.php

Buckeye Burl (26mm)
proxy.php

Bob

This beautiful Desert Ironwood brush has just been added to my site at www.eliterazor.com.

Desert Ironwood only grows in the washes and valleys of the Sonoran Desert below 2,500 foot elevation. Desert Ironwood is very hard and dense. It actually sinks in water. Tradition has it that carvings made from the Desert Ironwood bring good fortune and long life. Desert Ironwood reaches maturity at 2000 years, more or less. It was originally used by the Seri Native Americans of Mexico for tool handles. Today the Seri Indians make carvings of desert plants and animals from the ironwood. Desert Ironwood was the original choice of material for the grips of the Colt .45 handgun.

Desert Ironwood (24mm)
[Image: WJgGYpc.jpg]

Bob

Graydog

Biblical Innards
This beautiful Desert Ironwood brush has just been added to my site at www.eliterazor.com.

Desert Ironwood only grows in the washes and valleys of the Sonoran Desert below 2,500 foot elevation. Desert Ironwood is very hard and dense. It actually sinks in water. Tradition has it that carvings made from the Desert Ironwood bring good fortune and long life. Desert Ironwood reaches maturity at 2000 years, more or less. It was originally used by the Seri Native Americans of Mexico for tool handles. Today the Seri Indians make carvings of desert plants and animals from the ironwood. Desert Ironwood was the original choice of material for the grips of the Colt .45 handgun.

Desert Ironwood (24mm)
[Image: WJgGYpc.jpg]

Bob
Love the Grain Bob , very nice

I recently received an email from a gentleman who said, "I love your brushes, but do you only make large ones?". I admit to having a personal preference for larger brushes and I realized that my bias was evident in my work. So, I've embarked on a project to build a series of smaller brushes, beginning with the classic Chubby style. These are the first pieces to be finished and are now listed and available on my site.

Malachite (26mm)
[Image: Gk6ieiB.jpg]

Blue Lapis (24mm)
[Image: 6jmlVUQ.jpg]

Buckeye Burl (26mm)
[Image: SRakn30.jpg]

Azurite with Malachite (26mm)
[Image: YRiJgSb.jpg]

Arizona Jade (24mm)
[Image: WZyfadM.jpg]

More to come soon.

Bob

I just finished the Chubby project and all the brushes shown below are now listed and available on my site. at www.eliterazor.com. Check them out.

Speckled Amber (26mm)
[Image: MSowkmL.jpg]

Two-Tone Amboyna Burl (26mm)
[Image: 35M1Dz1.jpg]

Kingman Turquoise (26mm)
[Image: QkguCoe.jpg]

Curly Koa (24mm)
[Image: k53cUEs.jpg]

Desert Ironwood (24mm)
[Image: Aq1L2H0.jpg]

Quilted Sapele (24mm)
[Image: pyBxfYy.jpg]

Amboyna Burl (26mm)
[Image: VFgdYp8.jpg]

Bob

I have gotten back to building a couple of larger brushes and have just listed these two at www.eliterazor.com. I typically turn my handles with smooth curves, so I thought I would do a couple with more defined edges. Although these would look good with a Bulb shaped knot, I think they look great with a Fan.

Blue and Orange (26mm)
[Image: dLiDib5.jpg]

Fire and Ice (26mm)
[Image: ou8gZ2H.jpg]
[Image: bFPDYWt.jpg]

Bob

For those of you that like a larger, manly size brush, this may be for you. This blue Lapis brush measures 88mm in height, excluding the knot. The tapering down to the base makes it very comfortable in the hand. The Pyrite veining in this handle is just beautiful.

Blue Lapis (24 - 26mm)
[Image: SQsSFaS.jpg]
[Image: U12A0oN.jpg]

Bob

Top Bottom