What's new

Eleven Years On

4/11

IMG_2018.jpg

Today is my 35th birthday. I have been down with a cold all week, but I'm finally around the bend and feeling much improved. During that time I was using DE for a slightly milder experience (NEW LC and '66 Tech) but today I return to my supremely close and reliable MMOC with a fresh PTFE blade.

Warm enough weather to warrant a cream, selected TOBS Sandalwood which was a gift from @Tanuki --sorry it has been so long since I've poked into the forum or visited in person. Hopefully we can plan something soon. Yaqi silvertip has a nice brushed metallic handle to match the MMOC.

The shave was comfortable, efficient, a couple pinhead weepers but the closeness can't be matched by any other shaving tool.

Meantime, I have *finally* completed my reknotting project, with these new/old specimens. The boars will take some break-in certainly, I'm sure they'll all look better after some blooming:

IMG_2015.jpg

I'm running out of room on my brush shelf, so I might organize a PIF to make space for these new friends. I'll be curious how the two badgers (one is finest, the other silvertip, both from TGN) will perform. The Rubberset long-handle boar is a Shave Forge, the clear handle (also Rubberset, formerly with nylon bristle) is a TGN boar, the comparison will be interesting there also.

Spring continues comfortably here; I am watching the blooming rhododendrons, who are beginning their performance following the painfully-brief fireworks of the cherry blossoms that have now been scattered to the wind.

IMG_2009.JPG

I am hoping my coming year is filled with growth, connection, health, and peace.

Top Bottom