What's new

Electric Razor added to Wet Shaving gear

Morning,

I received a Braun Series 7 razor for Christmas. While I wet shave during the week and weekends, I use this new electric razor in the early morning when I am in a hurry for work and when I travel. To be honest, the shave is fantastic and very close to the BBS I get from my OCs. It has three settings and I like the light setting for my neck (no razor burn). I was surprised and will continue with it. Also the self cleaning device it sits in does a great job on keeping it clean and lubricated. The Braun I believe it the best out there.

I used an electric back in my foolish youth...it's been so long I don't remember the brand...my favorite may have been a "Shavex" (?) and I think I dabbled with a Norelco (visions of Santa gliding over the snow on some Norelco blades...).

A few years ago, after eye surgery, I had some facial bandages and couldn't use my normal shaving gear (Mach3 and canned goo) so I used a new Norelco...very bad experience...cleaned it up after one use and returned it for a refund...didn't want it in the house...

Now, with the comfort and closeness of real wet-shaving, I can't imagine using an electric...ever.

But...enjoy your Braun...I have heard good thing about them...but just not for me. :bored:

My $0.02

I have a medium beard so it seems to work well for me. I prefer, if I have the time, to go through all the prep and aftershave finish of wet shaving. However, if I can't, this is very good.

I have a nice Panasonic that goes a great job. I use it when I'm short on time and need a quick clean up. The trade off is usually an ingrown hair on my chin. It can be used wet or dry, but the result is the same. It's a good tool to have for 'emergency' use, but definitely not a replacement in my world.

Used an electric for many years for the convenience. Have had mostly Norelco/Phillips and Panasonics. In general, I would be pleased with them (smooth shave) for a couple of months and then find that they would miss hairs completely, especially, but not solely on the neck (I would use the trimmer to try to mow some of that down so the razor section could handle the longer hairs). Once I started to feel that it wasn't working well, I'd replace the heads (help for a little while) or the entire razor (thanks Costco). Occasionally I'd use a cartridge and foam to get a cleaner shave.
Started DE a little over a month ago. Much smoother shave overall, especially on the neck. Takes more time, but I enjoy it and look forward to it. My tendency with the electrics was to rush thorough it, figuring I wouldn't get much closer anyway.

A Norelco 9000 series wet - same prep, same pre-shave, same brushes, same software. With a GP12 scuttle. Not quite as close as my Feather, but quicker and more even. And definitely safer on the occasions when I need it. Almost ​as much fun, given all the rituals, no need to exclude electrics from wet shaving.

Top Bottom