What's new

Electric pre shave poll

What do you use as an electric pre shave?

• Williams 'Lectric Shave

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Afta Pre Electric

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Lab Series Pre Electric

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Speick Pre Electric

• Lather (can, gel, brush + cream/soap, etc)

• None, I shave dry

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
To those who use an electric shaver, what (if anything) do you use as a pre shave?

I typically shave dry but have tried Williams, Afta, and using a brush lather. Williams seems to get the most love around here but maybe this poll will say otherwise. Feel free to include pics!

I've used em all and they do work. Lately I've been using my Stirling aftershave splashes and find that they work just as well, plus they smell great.

Clayton

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

I've used em all and they do work. Lately I've been using my Stirling aftershave splashes and find that they work just as well, plus they smell great.

Clayton

Funny you say that, splashes that I find especially "sticky" after dry down (proraso Green or AV blue for example) seem to work just as well as lectric shave. I hate the isopropyl myristate in the lectric shave, I know that's what makes it work but it also doesn't come off my skin even after a shower and face wash... It still is stinky and slippery. I seemed to like Afta a bit more because it washes off so easily and doesn't leak all over its own bottle.

Dry shaving is usually best for me, if I'm sweaty or 'grimey' (say post lawn work for example) I'll splash a bit of plain iso alcohol or Osage rub to help clear the path, so to speak, but that's more of a skin prep then hair/shave prep.

Funny you say that, splashes that I find especially "sticky" after dry down (proraso Green or AV blue for example) seem to work just as well as lectric shave. I hate the isopropyl myristate in the lectric shave, I know that's what makes it work but it also doesn't come off my skin even after a shower and face wash... It still is stinky and slippery. I seemed to like Afta a bit more because it washes off so easily and doesn't leak all over its own bottle.

Dry shaving is usually best for me, if I'm sweaty or 'grimey' (say post lawn work for example) I'll splash a bit of plain iso alcohol or Osage rub to help clear the path, so to speak, but that's more of a skin prep then hair/shave prep.
I like the Vijon Flag And Sail Preshave better than Lectric Shave due to it's lighter scent.

Clayton

I haven’t used anything for years. I just shave dry before washing my face or showering. Years ago I used a preshave powder that dried my face when I was living in damp conditions.

Top Bottom