What's new

Eldritch Pipes

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Anyone own one? He has an 8 month waitlist but just emailed him on cost for a Slenderman pipe. He definitely has some otherworldly designs as well as more traditional.

I do not own one, but I do follow follow him on social media and watch his YouTube videos. I think his pipe designs are pretty cool. I know StuffAndThings has a review of one of his pipes from a couple of years ago.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
5D35390B-EC9E-4EB7-AA29-4D7EBE7A60CB.jpeg

Whelp. Gonna be a long time till April.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Wow. Pipes are beautiful. I’m still trying to figure out the packing and cadence to keep it lit. What draws me to pipe smoking is the astetciics of it. A pipe is a reflection of your personality in a way. A cigar can be as well but in the end it’s just a brown stick completely made of tobacco. Whereas a pipe can be many different woods, clay, corncob, etc. As well as many different shapes.

There’s just as much thought put in to the style of your pipe as there is the tobacco you put in it.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Wow. Pipes are beautiful. I’m still trying to figure out the packing and cadence to keep it lit. What draws me to pipe smoking is the astetciics of it. A pipe is a reflection of your personality in a way. A cigar can be as well but in the end it’s just a brown stick completely made of tobacco. Whereas a pipe can be many different woods, clay, corncob, etc. As well as many different shapes.

There’s just as much thought put in to the style of your pipe as there is the tobacco you put in it.

Aye, I’m kinda addicted to pipe collecting. It’s bad cause I am beginning to be drawn to pipe shapes that can only be had from Artisans and it’s $$$. I get a lot of pleasure just looking and holding a pipe, almost as much as smoking them. I must be nuts. Might need to start selling my less used pipes.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I think collectors have to be a bit nuts. Whatever it is you collect. Whatever it is your hobby is. You have to be a bit nuts over it. Otherwise there is no fun in it. There is no drive to seek the items to complete your collection. If you’re not a TINY bit obsessed (ie. Nuts) then you are just showing off - not doing it for yourself.

And eventually you will get to a point where you stop showing what you are buying. You will be so nuts (obsessed) you stop showing your collection. That’s what you know it’s a sickness and not just a hobby.

So, think about this: Attention Deficit Acquisition Disorder. One who exhibits severe accumulation proclivities, but can be distracted to the point of shifting objects of acquisition.

An example: For twenty years I accumulated/collected fountain pens, ink, notebooks, etc. When I took back up pipe smoking two plus years ago, after a brief foray into shaving accumulation, I completely lost interest in fountain pens, other than writing with them 95% of the time. I haven't bought a fountain pen, ink, or notebooks for over two years. I no longer spend any time on the pen forums; I still am a user, but no longer an accumulator.
Pipe smoking - another story. The PAD & TAD is strong with this one.
So I'm coining the term ADAD to describe my tendency to follow very shiny objects in a deep and meaningful way.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!

Plus a greater range of flavours, less likely to be damaged in your pocket when out and about, and the ability to set your smoking duration (how much to consume) from the start. With a lid, or even inverting the bowl, they can be smoked in foul weather. They can also be clenched, or if your pick your pipes wisely, set down pretty much anywhere, to free up both hands for a while.

All this, at much lower cost than cigars. Well, they are here, anyway. A mid range, mid sized cigar, would cost me the same as one or two whole tins of tobacco, which would give me up to 40 or 50 great smokes for the cost of that one cigar.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I think collectors have to be a bit nuts. Whatever it is you collect. Whatever it is your hobby is. You have to be a bit nuts over it. Otherwise there is no fun in it. There is no drive to seek the items to complete your collection. If you’re not a TINY bit obsessed (ie. Nuts) then you are just showing off - not doing it for yourself.

And eventually you will get to a point where you stop showing what you are buying. You will be so nuts (obsessed) you stop showing your collection. That’s what you know it’s a sickness and not just a hobby.

I am nuts, but not in that way :D I often refer to my pipes as "everlasting Rizlas", and view them with as much admiration as a coffee mug. Then again, I just tend to consider razors as blade holders too, and don't fawn over the way they look or are constructed either 🤣

For me, the tobacco, blade, coffee, tea, ink, etc are the important bit, not the function apparatus that holds it, and gets it where it needs to be.

I told you I was nuts :lol:

You posted this about a week after I left, and I somehow missed it the time or two I've been able to check back in. That is really a flippin' sweet pipe, amigo. I am envious.

(Does this mean the Scottie Piersel master plan is scrapped? Or just put on hold?)

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
You posted this about a week after I left, and I somehow missed it the time or two I've been able to check back in. That is really a flippin' sweet pipe, amigo. I am envious.

(Does this mean the Scottie Piersel master plan is scrapped? Or just put on hold?)
Good to see you about Price!

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member

Price! Good to hear from you. With the state of the world today I was mildly worried not hearing from you at all :).

Good plans are never scrapped. So put hold. If your new boss is as progressive as people hope there might be some extra Piersel Pipe money in the future.

Price! Good to hear from you. With the state of the world today I was mildly worried not hearing from you at all :).

Good plans are never scrapped. So put hold. If your new boss is as progressive as people hope there might be some extra Piersel Pipe money in the future.
Woot! We need to talk...

Top Bottom