What's new

EL JEFE

I bought the matte finished 85mm bulldog...not a great color match.

The kronos looked the same color

The best way to match the Mr SE head is to buy an ATT SE1 and put your Kronos handle on it and call it a day! The ATT SE1 and SE2 are simply the best!

Thanks, I'm actually just concerned on a handle that would fit for now, I'll get a color matching handle maybe at a later date.

I like the Ikon Bulldog matte finish.

I've started pairing my MR-SE with a Matador S5 handle. Great combo. The heft of the handle makes the razor more effective. It's better than with the Weber Classic (original version) that I was using before.

Anyone know what the MR-SE head is made of? If the iKon website says, I can't find it. Stainless?

It's their own aluminum amalgamant wich Gergg keeps a secret. It's heavier and more durable than regular aluminum and doesn't feel like alumimun at all. I prefer this matal to alumunum anyway.

It's their own aluminum amalgamant wich Gergg keeps a secret. It's heavier and more durable than regular aluminum and doesn't feel like alumimun at all. I prefer this matal to alumunum anyway.
Ah, interesting! Thanks for the info. It's certainly heftier than aluminum, and it looks indestructible, though not as attractive as stainless. The MR-SE is definitely a keeper for me.

I worked up the strength to use a razor other than the ATT SE1, so I used the El Jefe blem with a Proline(naturally) in the mild setting. It is definitely a top performer. Nice and smooth, just as I remembered it.

I worked up the strength to use a razor other than the ATT SE1, so I used the El Jefe blem with a Proline(naturally) in the mild setting. It is definitely a top performer. Nice and smooth, just as I remembered it.
One of my top SE's with a proline. I have 3 El and 1 MR-SE

Pulled out the El Jefe blem last night, set the Proline in the most aggressive position. The shave was nice and smooth on my neck and cheeks. Not the case on my chin and above my lip though. All that blade exposure on that coarse dense stubble was not a good combination. I polished off the chin but I had to dial back the exposure for above my lip.

The El Jefe is still a worthy contender!

The El Jefe is still a worthy contender!

Worthy contender is an understatement to be honest. It’s a bad-*** razor either way you slice it. Gives you the best of both worlds in one razor. Blade forward, a ferocious feeling razor that clears whiskers like a Bulldozer pulls stumps. Blade back, as smooth and cool as the other side of the pillow. Big Cat like performance. Meow, meow.....

Rocked it this morning.

04D292FC-671A-4490-A176-07821FF7F645.jpeg

I got one of the blemished first runs on a simple Teck II handle. QC or not, it gives a great shave! It’s like the Fatip of AC SEs.

I have just about everything in SE shaving (and, every other kind of shaving, too). [[For example, I really like a DE ATT with a once-or-twice-used Feather DE blade. Great shave!!]]

But, when I want a BBBBBS, the El Jefe is at the very top. Moreover, this goofy-*** head is even adjustable to "customize" ones shave for the present occasion, and even planning ahead for the next day to accommodate any inherent irritation!! Very cool concept..

BMWlaw

A quick thread revival.......

Hadn’t used this bad boy in a few months and brought it out as I was in a baby chasing mood. Damn! This thing delivers every time. Slapped in a Feather Pro and 2.5 passes later it was a screaming newborn out of its Mama’s womb. A fantastic shave that was both efficient and comfy. Make no mistake about it, blem or not it’s one of the great SE’s ever made. The Vector is slightly more nimble and lighter (the handle that I have on the El Jefe puts it at just over 100 grams compared to the Vector at just 77 grams) but smoothly efficient. The SE1 is a very comfy and smooth razor and with a Super very satisfying as well as with the Brass & Stainless General & DLC SS Hawk. The Claymore is just as good just heavy and not as maneuverable as all the ones mentioned above.

What separates or gives the IKON El Jefe an advantage over the others is its inherent design flaw is actually its positive trait. It’s an adjustable by default as many others here have mentioned. Mild or very aggressive is rolled into the El Jefe. Scoot the AC blade back against the stops and the base plate forward, it’s mild mannered Dr. Jekyll with a smooth yet gentlemanly efficient shave. Move the balde forward on the stops and push the base plate forward, it turns into the fiendishly ferocious Mr. Hyde with blade feel galore that garners your attention on every stroke. Very similar to its stablemate in the DE realm, the IKON Tech. But unlike the Ikon Tech, the blade is held super firmly and will tackle a couple weeks worth of beard growth and giggle. Can’t do that with the Tech as the blade will chatter and skip against heavy growth because of lack of support for the blade.

Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde. Love the El Jefe.......

427F857F-A946-43C9-8F3F-F6A85C98B22B.jpeg

A quick thread revival.......

Hadn’t used this bad boy in a few months and brought it out as I was in a baby chasing mood. Damn! This thing delivers every time. Slapped in a Feather Pro and 2.5 passes later it was a screaming newborn out of its Mama’s womb. A fantastic shave that was both efficient and comfy. Make no mistake about it, blem or not it’s one of the great SE’s ever made. The Vector is slightly more nimble and lighter (the handle that I have on the El Jefe puts it at just over 100 grams compared to the Vector at just 77 grams) but smoothly efficient. The SE1 is a very comfy and smooth razor and with a Super very satisfying as well as with the Brass & Stainless General & DLC SS Hawk. The Claymore is just as good just heavy and not as maneuverable as all the ones mentioned above.

What separates or gives the IKON El Jefe an advantage over the others is its inherent design flaw is actually its positive trait. It’s an adjustable by default as many others here have mentioned. Mild or very aggressive is rolled into the El Jefe. Scoot the AC blade back against the stops and the base plate forward, it’s mild mannered Dr. Jekyll with a smooth yet gentlemanly efficient shave. Move the balde forward on the stops and push the base plate forward, it turns into the fiendishly ferocious Mr. Hyde with blade feel galore that garners your attention on every stroke. Very similar to its stablemate in the DE realm, the IKON Tech. But unlike the Ikon Tech, the blade is held super firmly and will tackle a couple weeks worth of beard growth and giggle. Can’t do that with the Tech as the blade will chatter and skip against heavy growth because of lack of support for the blade.

Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde. Love the El Jefe.......

View attachment 973094
Great review. I love my El Jefe.

Top Bottom