What's new

EL JEFE

Thank you, Fenwayfun77 for the report, I do also like the brass General (the SS in the mail), but as usual, YMMV and I find the V1 El-jefe smoother and more efficient than the brass General. I also find the head more compact and appealing to the eye. From what I read, I'll use the MR-SE on its most aggressive setting and compare the two. I'm also curious the see the difference between the SS General to the brass version, but if things remain the same, my guess would be that the SS being lighter than the brass will be a tad less efficient.

today i received my blades...now i can try out my mr se razor...never used these types of blades before.
i got a few different ones and first up is kai protouch mg

today i received my blades...now i can try out my mr se razor...never used these types of blades before.

As shallow as possible, str8 razor shallow, works best for me.

Very different from DE razors!

Today my Mr-SE and SBS arrived at the same time in the PO although the orders were placed a couple of days apart. The SBS came with a complementary pack of 5 blades.
Putting all through their paces today. The El-Jefe against the Mr-SE on a proline and the SBS on a Feather.

i used the mr-se with the pro mg blades for the first time...overall i liked it. i liked the weight and feel and longer length of the blade. the blade length was interesting, the razor had good blade-feel, and was able to give a nice shave without any bleeders or weepers. you can tell the blade isnt as flimsy as a DE blade against your face, you can also appreciate the longer blade which swept away lather and stubble quicker than the gem blades.

usually i use a de or se blade for 3 days before tossing...i think i am going to try 6 days on this blade since i feel it can handle it.

i dont think i'm going to catch and release this one just yet since i still like it. i have 3 other blade types to try out and i will probably sell off the blade cartriges instead and hone in on whatever blade i prefer.

i used the mr-se with the pro mg blades for the first time...overall i liked it. i liked the weight and feel and longer length of the blade. the blade length was interesting, the razor had good blade-feel, and was able to give a nice shave without any bleeders or weepers. you can tell the blade isnt as flimsy as a DE blade against your face, you can also appreciate the longer blade which swept away lather and stubble quicker than the gem blades.

usually i use a de or se blade for 3 days before tossing...i think i am going to try 6 days on this blade since i feel it can handle it.

i dont think i'm going to catch and release this one just yet since i still like it. i have 3 other blade types to try out and i will probably sell off the blade cartriges instead and hone in on whatever blade i prefer.

The shaves only get better! 6 should be a walk in the park!

I averaged 60 BBS face shaves from a DE blade flipping the blade over daily. I hit 20 with Kai Mild PINK flipping the blade over daily. I haven't really tested the Proline fully, I hit 15 on one but if I shave my head with it, they're toast pretty quick.

6 face shaves on my current Proline and I will see this one through.

I don't really have much interest in extending the blade usage since they are cheap enough to toss (plus blade changing is part of the shave ritual)....6 shaves on a blade should be just fine.

I don't really have much interest in extending the blade usage since they are cheap enough to toss (plus blade changing is part of the shave ritual)....6 shaves on a blade should be just fine.

You say extend, I say maintain. You say cheap, I say why waste... Bottom line is, whatever works!

I used Mr SE today, shave 8 on the Proline blade. The effort was the same as yesterday with the ATT SE1, same smooth BBS results as well, but I felt some sting from the alcohol AS today, only real difference from yesterday.

I used a new face soap today, I'll investigate further.

I've been using the El Jefe, Mr SE, SE1, and SE2 back to back. The SE2 stands out from the others. The other 3 are close in performance, but I tend to want to pick up the SE1 out of the safety bars.

So far so good...I'm really liking the Mr Se razor with the protouch mg Kai blade...

I don't miss my DE razor yet.

I don't miss my DE razor yet.

proxy.php

What's a DE razor?

Just placed an order for the MR-SE head only for now, I'm hoping one of my SS handles would work well with the head.

Although I may have to get an Ikon handle to match it later on, I'm just concerned with the weight of the razor. I'm used to lighter weight when it comes to SE razors, I only have the RR HAWK V1 aluminum to compare it with as far as AC style SE razors and the lighter weight injectors.

I like how the Razorock Hawk v1 performs for me but I'm concerned about the softer aluminum materials used which seems proned to being dented easily and also cross threading the post which is why I got the Ikon MR-SE which is suppose to be made of aluminum as well but if it's anything like the shavecraft aluminum heads it's quite sturdy and we'll built and wouldn't think twice pairing it with a SS handle, I've got a few less costly SS heads from Maggards and Italian Barber and I recently got a Razorock Mamba with a 316L handle and like the weight and length of this handle.
I also have a Wolfman WR1 SS handle but it's quite hefty and I would prefer to keep it paired up with the matching head.

I maybe jumping the gun here as I've yet to receive the MR-SE head but any recommendations for a handle to pair with this head? I've read the head doesn't match well with some of the more readily available handle and I was thinking of getting a titanium handle from RR or the stainless steel RR bamboo version but I'm not sure if these handles would work with the MR-SE head.

I apologize for this post regarding handles to match the MR-SE head as I've yet to receive it, I'm just excited but any recommendations, advice while I wait for the head to arrive is much appreciated.

It would suck if non of my handles would fit when the razor arrives which would mean another week of waiting to get to use the razor.

Just placed an order for the MR-SE head only for now, I'm hoping one of my SS handles would work well with the head.

Although I may have to get an Ikon handle to match it later on, I'm just concerned with the weight of the razor. I'm used to lighter weight when it comes to SE razors, I only have the RR HAWK V1 aluminum to compare it with as far as AC style SE razors and the lighter weight injectors.

I like how the Razorock Hawk v1 performs for me but I'm concerned about the softer aluminum materials used which seems proned to being dented easily and also cross threading the post which is why I got the Ikon MR-SE which is suppose to be made of aluminum as well but if it's anything like the shavecraft aluminum heads it's quite sturdy and we'll built and wouldn't think twice pairing it with a SS handle, I've got a few less costly SS heads from Maggards and Italian Barber and I recently got a Razorock Mamba with a 316L handle and like the weight and length of this handle.
I also have a Wolfman WR1 SS handle but it's quite hefty and I would prefer to keep it paired up with the matching head.

I maybe jumping the gun here as I've yet to receive the MR-SE head but any recommendations for a handle to pair with this head? I've read the head doesn't match well with some of the more readily available handle and I was thinking of getting a titanium handle from RR or the stainless steel RR bamboo version but I'm not sure if these handles would work with the MR-SE head.

I apologize for this post regarding handles to match the MR-SE head as I've yet to receive it, I'm just excited but any recommendations, advice while I wait for the head to arrive is much appreciated.

It would suck if non of my handles would fit when the razor arrives which would mean another week of waiting to get to use the razor.

I don't like the handle longer than 3 inches on any razor.

I use a 3", 64 gram SS handle that I bought for $20 shipped on EBay. Any modern handle should fit it.

IMAG0447_1.jpg

i ordered an ikon bulldog handle with the mr se head...doesnt match as well as my kronos above the tie handle though. the bulldog seems shinier than the mr se

Top Bottom