What's new

EJ 86BL v Muhle R89 - Help Needed to distinguish between the two

Gents:

I goofed. I was cleaning my EJ 86BL so I could PIF it to someone...and without thinking decided to clean my Muhle R89 as well. You can pretty much guess what happened -- I don't know which head goes with which razor! I notice that there seems to be a difference on the underside of the razor head BUT I'm also an idiot and can't get my pics to post! :blushing:

If anyone who can help me to distinguish between the two razors by looking at the (underside?) of the head, I would be extremely grateful.

Cheers,
Corey

Apologies if this has been posted before, but these are very popular search terms.

I can take a picture of a verified Mule R89 if that helps you. Unfortunately I don't have an 86 to post. If you think examining the R89 pic would help let me know.

That would be great -- I can see the difference on the underside of the head so if you post that I can match it up with the R89.

I appreciate your assistance!
:thumbup1:

Ok, just a moment.

$20140123_191535.jpg$20140123_191607.jpg$20140123_191626.jpg$20140123_191636.jpg

Last edited:
I'll see if I can figure out how to post pics because the two razors I have look different -- possible a change in manufacturing somewhere along the line?

Thanks again for your help!

I may be mistaken, but aren't the EJ heads and baseplates supplied by Muhle?
<snip> Muhle supplies the R89 head to EJ for the DE86, DE87, DE89​
Muhle and EJ joined to develop, design and make the tooling, but they are manufacturing (or let manufacture) their heads independently. It seems that nothing can kill the the untrue story that one would make the heads for the other. :bored:

Last edited:
Top Bottom