What's new

EJ 3ONE6 or Muhle Rocca V4. A tentative comparison.

RazoRock seems to dominate the lower price range stainless steel razor market due to their currently unbeatable price/performance ratio.

This is unfortunately true, unfortunately, because the Muhle Rocca R94 in its current version beats all my Razorock Razors in efficiency and smoothness.

If I've grown accustomed to the Rockwell 6S on plate 5, would the 3One6 be comparable in terms of efficiency? Smoothness?

If I've grown accustomed to the Rockwell 6S on plate 5, would the 3One6 be comparable in terms of efficiency? Smoothness?

I use 6C and EJ and I find 3One6 to be much more efficient even from plate 6 of Rockwell. Smoothness, depends a lot on the blade.
For example, ASTRA blades (both SP and SS) feel smoother on 316 (to my astonishment), Feathers feel smoother on Rockwell (but if you proceed with caution on 316 they mow down everything in their path with minimal effort). Voskhod's feel smoother on Rockwell, GSB and Wilkinsons smoother on 316.
For sure 316 is much more nimlbe and easier to get to tough spots (under nose, e.t.c.) but is not as foolproof as Rockwell.

I was using a 316 for 90% of my shaves over the past year. Several weeks ago I decided to pull some of my shavette and other SE razors out and have been getting excellent shaves. A few days ago I set the SEs aside and put the 316 back into service with a fresh Astra SP. Much to my surprise, the shaves are smoother...and just as BBS close....as the various SEs.

The 316 remains my favorite tool for removing whiskers. Of the blades I’ve tried in the 316 my favorites, in no particular order, are; Astra, Gillette Yellows, and Shark Platinums.

Top Bottom