What's new

Eine Kliene Gem Pr0n

I just did a cursory polish of my favorite razor, a 1912 Gem Junior. I used Simichrome with a Dremel and a rag. At first I was horrified, 'cause with the polish on the newly shiny metal, it looked like steel- I thought I'd just shaved off some gold instead of polishing what I'd thought was brass. Luckily, a wash in hot water and soap proved that theory wrong. Anyway, it still needs some work but I liked it enough to take a few pics.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

GO GEMS!

Very nice razor. Well done. Now I know where to send anything that needs polishing. You should receive my wife's silverware set in a few days. I'll even pay for you to ship the set back to me. :biggrin:

Haha, thanks, gents. The nicest thing is, now I get to do my shave tomorrow with what sort of feels like a "new" razor. Now I'm starting to eye my G-series injector (thought that is gold-plated, so I'll have to research more gentle ways to make it gleam.

Semi-related: Has anybody ever noticed on G-Bars and Featherweights that there is a milled section on the inside portion of the hinged lid that contacts the blade? It's such a nice touch, since it makes the lip that is dragged across your face as smooth as possible, but still allows for the use of quite chunky metal and a very sleek look overall.

A modern maker would just use cheap, thin metal for the lid, I think. The 1912 accomplishes the same thing by having a milled section on the outside edge of the lid.

Damn I love Gems. Thanks B&B for the education! (guess it's probably time I contributed...)

Top Bottom