What's new

Eggs Jeannette by its creator, Chef Jacques Pépin ;-)

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
My Culinary Friends:
This Deviled Egg recipe by Chef Pépin is 'wayyyyy better'!

By Ryan Smith - Hunker News - 27 May 23

"We love a good TikTok food hack, especially when it doesn't involve a lot of extra work but still transforms the ordinary into something special.

The technique, known as Eggs Jeannette by its creator, [legendary] Chef Jacques Pépin ["Eggs Jeannette is an essential recipe for me, as it is something my mother used to make..."], involves hard-boiling eggs and then removing the yolks and mixing them in a bowl with cream, herbs, and mustard.

1685325909857.png

Demonstrated by Chef Kelly Scott

After placing the yolks back into their shell, sauté them face down in a pan with a little bit of avocado oil. After around two to four minutes, they should be nice and crispy on the flat side and ready to be set aside. You could also just opt to eat them as is, but Scott recommends making the accompanying vinaigrette to take the dish to the next level.

1685325965599.png

Using some of the same yolk mixture from before, add olive oil, lemon, and salt and whisk the ingredients together until they form a creamy sauce.

1685326060394.png

After that, simply spread some onto a plate and top it with the eggs [and garnish]. Voilà"!

Works Cited: Eggs Jeannette - Fried Deviled Eggs Hack

1685327215558.png
"The present was an [deviled] egg laid by the past that had the future inside its shell". Zora Neale Hurston

PS I 'gotta' try this soooon!

Last edited:
My Culinary Friends:
This Deviled Egg recipe by Chef Pépin is 'wayyyyy better'!

By Ryan Smith - Hunker News - 27 May 23

"We love a good TikTok food hack, especially when it doesn't involve a lot of extra work but still transforms the ordinary into something special.

The technique, known as Eggs Jeannette by its creator, [legendary] Chef Jacques Pépin ["Eggs Jeannette is an essential recipe for me, as it is something my mother used to make..."], involves hard-boiling eggs and then removing the yolks and mixing them in a bowl with cream, herbs, and mustard.

View attachment 1661952

After placing the yolks back into their shell, sauté them face down in a pan with a little bit of avocado oil. After around two to four minutes, they should be nice and crispy on the flat side and ready to be set aside. You could also just opt to eat them as is, but Scott recommends making the accompanying vinaigrette to take the dish to the next level.

View attachment 1661953

Using some of the same yolk mixture from before, add olive oil, lemon, and salt and whisk the ingredients together until they form a creamy sauce.

View attachment 1661954

After that, simply spread some onto a plate and top it with the eggs [and garnish]. Voilà"!

Works Cited: Eggs Jeannette - Fried Deviled Eggs Hack

View attachment 1661956 "The present was an [deviled] egg laid by the past that had the future inside its shell". Zora Neale Hurston

PS I 'gotta' try this soooon!

It’s a very nice recipe! We’ll continue to make it regularly on weekends. Thanks for posting!

Top Bottom