What's new

Efficient Shave - Mantic59

Hi Gents

Hope y'all had a good weekend.
Like many of you, I learned so much from watching YouTube videos from guys like Nick Shaves, Kevy Shaves, Geofatboy, Paul H etc. My technique has gotten a lot better since. I've not had a single nick, razor burns in over a year.
Another good video I found was this one by Mantic59. I've watched this video a number of times but only put this simple method into use a couple of days ago. Many of you are probably shaving this very same way. I however, have the tendency of going over certain areas multiple times. I can't help it sometimes [emoji23]. I wait all day for my evening shave and when I actually start shaving, it's so easy to over do things.
But the method shown in this video is really great. For me, the results are really really good. Yes, you really don't need to shave over an area multiple times to get a close shave.
Hope this helps some of you.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Good video! :punk: :punk:

This is close to what I do; especially the concept of going over an area once with each pass!

I do two things differently.
1. I start ‘timing‘ when I begin washing my face, making lather, etc, not when I begin applying lather.
2. My passes are the more ’standard’ sequence: WTG, XTG, then ATG. This results in better shaves for me.

What video? I don't see any video access on my screen.

While that's being sorted out, I want to remind everyone that in shaving there are many routes to get to the destination of a smooth, close and comfortable shave. I like the videos that Mantic59 puts out. He also like cool water shaving and adjustable razors, as I recall, and I strongly concur.

I am assuming, given the comments about the timing, that the video in question is Mantic's video about doing a traditional wet shave in 10 minutes. Might be called "the 10-minute traditional wetshave" or something like that.

I could be wrong.....no video shows up for me, either. I am just guessing based on BigJ's comment that the video in question is that one. Good video that I watched years ago.

I am assuming, given the comments about the timing, that the video in question is Mantic's video about doing a traditional wet shave in 10 minutes. Might be called "the 10-minute traditional wetshave" or something like that.

I could be wrong.....no video shows up for me, either. I am just guessing based on BigJ's comment that the video in question is that one. Good video that I watched years ago.
The YouTube video is named HOW TO WET SHAVE EFFICIENTLY. You can find it on the Mantic59 page.

Cheers

Good video as usual with mantic. I have to partially disagree, though.

I’d rather do a couple more strokes in the same area than do 3 passes

Another good video I found was this one by Mantic59. I've watched this video a number of times but only put this simple method into use a couple of days ago. Many of you are probably shaving this very same way. I however, have the tendency of going over certain areas multiple times. I can't help it sometimes
proxy.php
. I wait all day for my evening shave and when I actually start shaving, it's so easy to over do things.
Yes, Mark Herro is one of the better proponents on DE razor shaving and the 10 minute shave is oner of the best videos on technique. Many of the others do repeatedly shave over the same area on the same pass and overlap their strokes; might as well use a cartridge razor if yo are going to shave like that.

The YouTube video is named HOW TO WET SHAVE EFFICIENTLY. You can find it on the Mantic59 page.

Cheers

I shave like he says in the video. I do find that there are always some patches here or there that need a touch up after the third pass. I have learned the hard way not to do the touch ups with out reapplying lather in those spots. When I was cartridge shaving I used to cheat all the time and I had to unlearn that. I don't do a with the grain pass though. I do XTG one way then XTG the other way then ATG.

His vids are some of the few I will watch based on HIS name, not what the video is about. [EDIT] I just wanted to stress "his", not ascribe any messianic properties to the man. I just like his videos.

Top Bottom