What's new

Efficiency and Smoothness of Lupo 0.58

Where would you place the Lupo 0.58 in terms of efficiency & smoothness vs some of the razors I get DFS+ shaves on a daily basis?

RazoRock Mamba 0.70
RazoRock GC68-P
Edwin Jagger 3ONE6
Rex Envoy
Blackland Blackbird Lite

Best regards,
Cheers

Where would you place the Lupo 0.58 in terms of efficiency & smoothness vs some of the razors I get DFS+ shaves on a daily basis?

RazoRock Mamba 0.70
RazoRock GC68-P
Edwin Jagger 3ONE6
Rex Envoy
Blackland Blackbird Lite

Best regards,
Cheers

I can say that it's a more efficient shaver than the GC68p, it has more blade feel, but still very safe. I much prefer it to the GC. Heck I'd rate it as efficient as the 84p!

It's less efficient than the 3ONE6 (I have a Rocca which is comparable). The Lupo 72 is the same efficiency as these razors.

Have not used the others.

I can say that it's a more efficient shaver than the GC68p, it has more blade feel, but still very safe. I much prefer it to the GC. Heck I'd rate it as efficient as the 84p!

It's less efficient than the 3ONE6 (I have a Rocca which is comparable). The Lupo 72 is the same efficiency as these razors.

Have not used the others.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Which would win the smooth contest, the GC68-P or the Lupo 0.58?

Best Regards,
Cheers

The GC68 is smoother, not that the Lupo isn't smooth but it has more positive blade exposure. Don't let the 58 gap fool you, it's more efficient.

I'll bet that it's similar to the blackbird light. Tbh it doesn't really seem like you need it 🤷 It is one of my favs though so I doubt you'd be disappointed.

I feel like the .58 lupo could have felt better if the bars were not scalloped but having said that I do love the Lupo .58 and the Blackbird Lite is pretty decent too but they are not similar. I haven't used all the Game Changers I have in a while now including the .68 or even the .72 but there was a reason I went from the .72 to the .58 Lupo and that is because the .72 had a larger gap and bigger potential to bite so I had to pay a lot more attention when I shave where as the .58 was the Lupo without much effort needed to get excellent results. Similar to the Aluminum Lupo although the Aluminum might be a slight bit smoother.

I'll bet that it's similar to the blackbird light. Tbh it doesn't really seem like you need it 🤷 It is one of my favs though so I doubt you'd be disappointed.
You are probably right. I am at the point where it would have to be tried.

I feel like the .58 lupo could have felt better if the bars were not scalloped but having said that I do love the Lupo .58 and the Blackbird Lite is pretty decent too but they are not similar. I haven't used all the Game Changers I have in a while now including the .68 or even the .72 but there was a reason I went from the .72 to the .58 Lupo and that is because the .72 had a larger gap and bigger potential to bite so I had to pay a lot more attention when I shave where as the .58 was the Lupo without much effort needed to get excellent results. Similar to the Aluminum Lupo although the Aluminum might be a slight bit smoother.
This is what I was thinking. The wider gaps have a higher potential to bite. This is true with the 3ONE6 compared to the Rex Envoy for example. Thanks for the reply.

>>> Similar to the Aluminum Lupo although the Aluminum might be a slight bit smoother.

I agree with the above. I like the Lupo .58 for everyday or every other day shaving. After two or three days I need an open comb. I’d love to see an open comb .58 - I think it would be great!

I've said this before. If, I hadn't purchased the GC 68-P and the GC 84-P, I'd probably gone with the S.S. Lupo 72. But, having both the 68-P and the 84-P, I think the Lupo would be redundant.

I never say never. If, I get a deal on a Lupo 72, I'd give it a go. I like the styling of the razor.

b/r

ON_1

I've said this before. If, I hadn't purchased the GC 68-P and the GC 84-P, I'd probably gone with the S.S. Lupo 72. But, having both the 68-P and the 84-P, I think the Lupo would be redundant.

I never say never. If, I get a deal on a Lupo 72, I'd give it a go. I like the styling of the razor.

b/r

ON_1
IMO the Lupos are stunning razors. I’m thinking the Lupo 72 and the GC84-P might tolerate a broader range of blades than the Lupo 58.

Thanks for the reply.
Cheers!!!

Top Bottom