What's new

Edwin Jagger

I really like my Edwin Jagger razor.
I never get nicked or cut with it. I have adjustables and Super Speeds but now hardly use them... I always return to the Jagger for most off my shaves. It’s my favorite now. I know it’s often described as a beginners razor but I’m not a beginner anymore... comfortable shaves are what I enjoy. The head geometry is foolproof. Now I’m shaving everyday with it. Glad I bought it.

I never get nicked or cut with it. I have adjustables and Super Speeds but now hardly use them... I always return to the Jagger for most off my shaves. It’s my favorite now. I know it’s often described as a beginners razor but I’m not a beginner anymore... comfortable shaves are what I enjoy. The head geometry is foolproof. Now I’m shaving everyday with it. Glad I bought it.
i bought a couple of Gillette Heritage razors a couple of months back that basically use the same head. I used it a few times but I couldn’t get consistent results with it. Then a little over a week ago I bought a longer and heavier stainless steel handle from WCS and I used it for a several days in a row. I got really great shaves with it, so I get it. There is a reason why those razors are so popular.

I absolutely love my Edwin Jagger DE89 and I have 12 de razors but this is the one that is my favourite. Brill for every day shaving with various different blades, if I had to keep only one razor this would be the one.

My all time favourite is the Muhle R89 Grande. I assume is the same head as the EJ89 but with a bigger handle !!
That is my understanding as well. The Gillette Heritage uses the same head. I find it pretty efficient but not aggressive. I had to put a larger handle on my Heritage to really appreciate how good the razor is. The handle it comes with is pretty small. I used a WCS SS 79S for less than $14.
wcs-classic-collection-stainless-steel-razor-handles-wcs-classic-collection-stainless-steel-ra...jpg

My first razor was the Muhle r89 and it was a great razor to learn on. Very mild and very forgiving. Great razor and I have to admit sometimes I miss it. Got rid of it when I got my ATT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was my first razor. I don't know what was I doing wrong but could not figure this razor out. I could never shave more often than every 3 days, it was just too harsh on my skin. I endured for 5 years, because of mantra "it's not the gear it's your tehnique"

I got Rockwell and my shaves got stellar, tried couple more razors, and shaves were still better than with EJ. I guess it just isn't made for my face. Weirdly enough I still use it to shave my chest and is doing great job. But it is built like a tank. 5 bathroom tile drops and still good :D

The DE89 is my favorite razor. I occasionally use other razors, mainly because I have them and to mix things up. Load it with a Personna or Gillette Silver Blue. It gives just as close and comfortable shave as any razor I’ve used!

Top Bottom