What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

Edwin Jagger

I really like my Edwin Jagger razor.
I never get nicked or cut with it. I have adjustables and Super Speeds but now hardly use them... I always return to the Jagger for most off my shaves. It’s my favorite now. I know it’s often described as a beginners razor but I’m not a beginner anymore... comfortable shaves are what I enjoy. The head geometry is foolproof. Now I’m shaving everyday with it. Glad I bought it.

South Dakota Guy

Contributor
I never get nicked or cut with it. I have adjustables and Super Speeds but now hardly use them... I always return to the Jagger for most off my shaves. It’s my favorite now. I know it’s often described as a beginners razor but I’m not a beginner anymore... comfortable shaves are what I enjoy. The head geometry is foolproof. Now I’m shaving everyday with it. Glad I bought it.
i bought a couple of Gillette Heritage razors a couple of months back that basically use the same head. I used it a few times but I couldn’t get consistent results with it. Then a little over a week ago I bought a longer and heavier stainless steel handle from WCS and I used it for a several days in a row. I got really great shaves with it, so I get it. There is a reason why those razors are so popular.

I absolutely love my Edwin Jagger DE89 and I have 12 de razors but this is the one that is my favourite. Brill for every day shaving with various different blades, if I had to keep only one razor this would be the one.

South Dakota Guy

Contributor
My all time favourite is the Muhle R89 Grande. I assume is the same head as the EJ89 but with a bigger handle !!
That is my understanding as well. The Gillette Heritage uses the same head. I find it pretty efficient but not aggressive. I had to put a larger handle on my Heritage to really appreciate how good the razor is. The handle it comes with is pretty small. I used a WCS SS 79S for less than $14.
wcs-classic-collection-stainless-steel-razor-handles-wcs-classic-collection-stainless-steel-ra...jpg

My first razor was the Muhle r89 and it was a great razor to learn on. Very mild and very forgiving. Great razor and I have to admit sometimes I miss it. Got rid of it when I got my ATT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SgtCrppls

Contributor
My first razor too...but now i prefer a little more blade feel..so pairing it with a feather blade gives me a great shave.

Was very pleasantly surprised with the new EJ 3one6. More blade feel and gives an excellent shave... If you have not tried it yet, you should.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
The EJ 3one6 is a great razor

It was my first razor. I don't know what was I doing wrong but could not figure this razor out. I could never shave more often than every 3 days, it was just too harsh on my skin. I endured for 5 years, because of mantra "it's not the gear it's your tehnique"

I got Rockwell and my shaves got stellar, tried couple more razors, and shaves were still better than with EJ. I guess it just isn't made for my face. Weirdly enough I still use it to shave my chest and is doing great job. But it is built like a tank. 5 bathroom tile drops and still good :D

The DE89 is my favorite razor. I occasionally use other razors, mainly because I have them and to mix things up. Load it with a Personna or Gillette Silver Blue. It gives just as close and comfortable shave as any razor I’ve used!

Top Bottom