What's new

Edwin Jagger Synthetic brushes - probably/maybe the best synthetics out there

So you would all say its better than the men-u premier? Only reason i ask is i have the men-u and use it daily as it uses less cream, but am buying a silvertip soon due to BRAD. Where is the best place to get the EJ synthetic recently.

Personally, I blame my SBAD all on Siv . . . If he had not posted up this thread, I would have ended up with a Men-u or some boring Shavemac.

You're welcome! You have some catching up to do though :wink:

All synthetics!

The EJ Chatsworth and Muhle are pictured twice. The ones missing from the photos are my bigger Omega and Rooney synthetic. I need to get the newly released TOBS synthetic to round out the set...

I have been on the search for the beat synthetic brush out there and I have tried a bunch of different brushes and have come to the conclusion that Edwin Jagger makes the best synthetic brushes out there. Now performance wise, the Men-U premier brush is up there too but the handle is cheap and nasty.

Siv, I'm a bit dense sometimes so excuse the possibly dumb question.

Am I reading that right in saying the Men-U and EJ/Muehle perform about the same, but the better handles/pricing make the EJ/Muehle a better choice. Or, are you saying the EJ/Muehle simply performs better than the Men-U and the better handles/pricing are added bonuses.

Note: I was going to ask this in the Omega thread, but didn't want to threadjack more than I already had.

Am I reading that right in saying the Men-U and EJ/Muehle perform about the same, but the better handles/pricing make the EJ/Muehle a better choice.
:thumbup1::thumbup1:

The Muehle is a lot more expensive so probably not the best value. The regular EJ line are pretty good value but the Crabtree & Evelyn brushes that EJ make were on sale which meant you could get a great head with a nice handle for around $30. They are still pretty good value but would probably end up around $40-$50 now.

Top Bottom