What's new

Edwin Jagger for Crabtree and Evelyn

KUJO said:
Gents,

Just wanted to pass on my extreme satisfaction with the C&E Travel brush. I picked it up a few weeks ago for my travel kit. That combined with the Nomad shaving cream in a tube is a hands-down winner. Nomad smells great The badger brush is pure badger, so for those used to silver tip, this will feel quite a bit coarser
Welcome! It's always good to see that others have a similar opinion. I've been thrashing about wanting to buy either a Simpsons Major or a T&H Turnback in Best or Super, but can not justify it with my great C&E traveler. While I like the Nomad, it's the sandalwood tube in my dopp kit.:001_smile

It's interesting, when I first started wet-shaving about a year ago, I went out and ordered a Kent BK-12 silver tip and used it on a hard cake of soap they sent as a freebie. It's only been in the last 3 months that I've been interested in using a cream. (Happened to spend a few extra bucks at C&E while finishing my XMAS shopping). All of a sudden, shaving became much more of a hobby than a chore.

I'm on the road a lot, so I ended up returning for their travel brush and a tube of Nomad.

As I've poured over Corey Greenberg's blog (http://www.shaveblog.com), he also sings the praises of a smaller brush, so in the end, it's all a matter of taste.

thanks to all for the welcome; it's nice to find kindred spirits

I purchased the travel brush-pure badger, the fine badger, and the Super badger. The travel and fine badger brushes tended to shed, while the SUper badger is excellent for the price plus birthday & 20% discount.

bladerunner said:
I purchased the travel brush-pure badger, the fine badger, and the Super badger. The travel and fine badger brushes tended to shed, while the SUper badger is excellent for the price plus birthday & 20% discount.

Is the shedding an ongoing problem, or were a few bristles shed and then it stopped?

Randy

I'm a new member, found the site by chance. I want to thank Guentron and others for the review of the C&E Edwin Jagger brush review. I've been dallying for a while on getting a new brush. I've seen the shavemac and the classic choices. But although these brushes may be superior to the C&E the C&E has a major advantage. It's local. Thus no record could be found by DW (dear wife). No mail to the door at the wrong time, no credit card statement questions to answer. Brush appears suddenly! So your review was very helpful in helpng make up my mind. Thanks all!

Bflotom2 said:
I'm a new member, found the site by chance. I want to thank Guentron and others for the review of the C&E Edwin Jagger brush review. I've been dallying for a while on getting a new brush. I've seen the shavemac and the classic choices. But although these brushes may be superior to the C&E the C&E has a major advantage. It's local. Thus no record could be found by DW (dear wife). No mail to the door at the wrong time, no credit card statement questions to answer. Brush appears suddenly! So your review was very helpful in helpng make up my mind. Thanks all!
Tom?
Best of luck! Keeping SWMBO at bay is no less an important part of the shaving game than RAD, SCAD, etc..:lol: I hope you enjoy whichever brush(es) you select.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
guenron said:
Tom?
Best of luck! Keeping SWMBO at bay is no less an important part of the shaving game than RAD, SCAD, etc..:lol: I hope you enjoy whichever brush(es) you select.

As far as keeping SWMBO, BOTO, GHEMR, etc. at bay, I've always maintained that the best defense is a strong offense. I simply refer her to my numerous other hobbies, and point out how much more expensive life could be. Price any high end audio equipment lately? I could use a third Leica, or maybe a mint vintage Rollei. There's a nice $2,500 Masamoto knife I've had my eye on, and since I don't use the Bimota much anymore, maybe I'll trade up to a show quality Vincent motorcycle.
Compared to the above, shaving gear, as compulsive as I may get, is still chump change in the scheme of things. I tell her she should be happy that I spend so much time and effort on this stuff- it keeps me away from the really expensive pursuits.:lol:

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
I just got the brush in the middle today at C&E to go with the other two which I already have. Nice brush and a little stiffer bristles than the little one.

I guess I need the black handle version of the travel brush now too <g>. Grabbed a tube of Sienna too while there.

The sales lady at C&E said on the last weekend of March they have another one of those 20% off days.

Tony Miller

Tony Miller said:
I just got the brush in the middle today at C&E to go with the other two which I already have. Nice brush and a little stiffer bristles than the little one.

I guess I need the black handle version of the travel brush now too <g>. Grabbed a tube of Sienna too while there.

The sales lady at C&E said on the last weekend of March they have another one of those 20% off days.

Tony Miller

Tony,

Great buy! I've had moppy and floppy. That brush is the "mama bear" brush for me. Just right!

RT

Top Bottom