What's new

Edwin Jagger DE89 grip

Ok, I've been wet shaving for about a month now with my DE89. Lately I'm finding that if I have any water on my hand or the razor it is very slippery. So are there any tips out there other than wiping the handle off with a towel? I've been looking at the Merkur 34c and am wondering if I should switch to it, but I've been very happy with the quality of my shaves with the DE89. So has anyone else had the problem, and switched to the Merkur and either loved it or regretted it. Also, right now I'm not really looking to acquire several razors, I'd prefer to have just one that I could really get my technique dialed in with. Thanks for your help.

My barley handle is a little slippery at times, more so than my muhle or any of my other razors. Keep your hands dry and the razor dry and you will have no problems. If you like you can always buy another handle for the DE89, not sure which ones work tho.

If you like the ej, you'll love the Weber. Knurling doesn't come any deeper than the bulldog handle, and if you want to experience the ej head, you can switch it to the bulldog handle.

The barley is a nice-looking handle that is deceptively slippery because the depth of the pseudo-knurling is minimal. I bring the block of alum out of the drawer when I'm using my EJ and give my fingers the odd swipe across the block when needed.

The DE89 Barley still has the infamous EJ chrome finish (which is really nice) but on top of very fine and shallow knurling this doens't produce a fantastic grip, still a nice handle though. As already mentioned to really feel the benifit of knurling you could try a webber handle! You could remove gloss paint off wood with some of those!

I really don't have grip problems, but my 89L is a better grip than 89bl. I love the 89L, but I am such an EJ goob, I have the Barley on the way now from WCS.

If you have an alum bar around, just rub some on the fingers of your shaving hand: PRESTO! No more slippery grip!!:thumbup1:

As others have said you can get a heavy knurled handle to replace your existing one.

Best ting is to keep your hands dry. There is little need to get them wet until you finish shaving and need to rinse your face.

I keep towels around my sink while shaving and should I get my hands wet I dry them off before picking up either my brush or razor

proxy.php

you know, it is interesting, I have found that if I have a little water on my hand, the handle can be slippery. But if I completely submerge hand and razor in the sink it cuts down on the slipperiness. Not sure exactly why, but I have the lined version, and I usually don't have problems with slip.

Ok, I've been wet shaving for about a month now with my DE89. Lately I'm finding that if I have any water on my hand or the razor it is very slippery.

you can always use another handle or get someone to make you a custom razor with that head :001_smile

Bob's Razor Works Modern handle DE89 custom...

proxy.php

Top Bottom