What's new

Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera shaving cream any good?

Hi All

Have just received the Edwin Jagger shaving brush I ordered and have received a sample of this shaving cream with it. I only like to change one variable at a time when shaving (the one variable this time being the brush) so it will be a couple of days before I get to try the sample. Has anyone tried this shaving cream and is it any good? Thanks

I have not but there is a good review uploaded on YouTube by Christopher David Bailey who calls himself TSE - The Traditional Shaving Evangelist. It seems that Edwin Jagger asked him to do a review of some of their products and sent some to him for his evaluation (free). That should be easy to find.

It's actually very good. Not something I would've thought to get for myself, but I got it as a gift and it performs great.

Quite hard for a cream. I have "soaps" that are softer.

Hi All

Have just received the Edwin Jagger shaving brush I ordered and have received a sample of this shaving cream with it. I only like to change one variable at a time when shaving (the one variable this time being the brush) so it will be a couple of days before I get to try the sample. Has anyone tried this shaving cream and is it any good? Thanks

I liked the cream so I bought the soap. the scent of the cream, which I like, lingered throughout the day. The scent of the soap does not.

Both the cream and the soap create a terrific lather. I'm surprised I don't hear more about EJ creams/soaps, I think they are great performers.

Vito

I am on my second tub of the cream, a nice clean scent that works better for me at least in the colder months. It's kinda picky about the water ratio but when you have it down a super nice cream.

I just finished a tub of it and liked it a lot. I do like the EJ Sandalwood scent a bit better, but I'd definitely get the Aloe Vera again.

Also, I just opened a tub of the EJ Menthol cream a couple days ago (thought it would be refreshing for the summer) and it's a solid choice, too.

Used the sample of this today, is a great cream, lathered easily and profusely and the skin care was excellent

I've tried the EJ Aloe Vera.

Lathering was excellent, post shave feel was good as well, but scent was meh for me.

I thought it was too expensive for what it offered to me ... YMMV!

The Edwin Jagger creams and soaps are second to none. Maybe it’s just presentation and marketing but I find the brand more modern, less stuffy and pompous than the English ones. The ingredient list is clean and high quality.

St James of London goes in a similar direction, classy glass jars and modern looking tubes. Castle Forbes really should be in glass jars.

Throwing with many of the above and vito_f specifically. Good stuff, widely available and kind of weird we don't hear more about it. The Sandalwood is one of my favourites.

Top Bottom