What's new

Edwin Jagger 3one6

Okay, so I bough another razor. I've been on a slant kick lately, but ran across an interesting razor last week that I knew I just had to have. It's the 3one6 from Edwin Jagger. I bought the all stainless version. I had never heard of this razor until last week when I was searching around the web and ran across this gem. When I first started wet shaving some 7-8 years back, I bought a DE89, but never really liked it. Always got razor burn no matter what I did. Turns out it was just beginner troubles as I picked up my old DE89 and gave it a go before my new 3one6 arrived. No issues this time around as my technique is night and day better than it was the last time I used this razor (probably 7 years ago). It wasn't the smoothest, but it gave me a pretty good shave. Still will be putting it back under the sink in the "not too often used pile".

Now onto the 3one6. Holy smokes does this thing shave close. I have shaved twice with this razor now and it has provided the closest shaves of my life. I typically use my Blackbird or Yates (and lately an ATT S1) which all provide very nice results. The 3one6 has surpassed them all for efficiency and closeness. Yesterday, I loaded up the brand new razor with an Astra (this is my go to test blade with any new razor) and shaved off 2 days growth and felt the smoothest skin I've ever felt. No irritation or nicks just awesomeness. I shaved again this morning to see how it would do as a daily shaver.....still a super close shave with no irritation, but my aftershave did sting a bit more this morning. Not sure at this point if I could use this as a daily driver, but since I've been working from home, I've become an every 2-3 day shaver anyway.

I plan to use more blades and give this thing a proper workout over the next couple of months. Unless something changes, the 3one6 just might turn out to be my best performing razor. Quality seems spot on and the razor's weight is just about perfect for me. Not sure what drew me to it, but as soon as I saw it, I just had to get it. I have US razors, German razors, Italian razors, and now a great performing English razor.

Congratulations!

First, your technique is ’night and day’ compared to your initial experience with the EJ!! As the saying goes, ”It’s the workman, not the tool.”

Second, ENJOY the new 3one6!!

:a29: :a29:

Top Bottom