What's new

EDT Equivalent to Green Pond Sandalwood Cream?

I recently purchased a tub of Green Pond Sandalwood shave cream during their "Summer Sale". This cream is actually manufactured by D.R. Harris, who seemingly doesn't offer a sandalwood cologne (only an alcohol-based aftershave).

I really enjoy the fragrance of this cream, and I was hoping to find a cologne that smelled similar. I've only ever sampled C&E Sandalwood and Floris Sandalwood, and I would say neither are a great match. Any ideas/suggestions?

While the DR Harris Sandalwood is labeled "A/S" this only denotes the relative strength of the essential/fragrant oils used. This is a very "potent" fragrance even at A/S strength and if done in an EDC or EDT strength woudl likely be too much. Call Bigelow in NY and see if they'll send you a sample.

Chris

I scond that- it's quite a brash scent when you apply it, although it dies down to a subtle, but noticable aroma. It's an excellent aftershave and I recommend it to any Sandalwood lover.

Likewise, I would suggest at least giving the A/S a try. If you don't like applying alcohol based aftershaves to your face, you could just apply it as a cologne. It is pretty strongly fragranced, so I think that would work. And it actually has more staying power than most EdTs I have.

-Mo

Top Bottom