What's new

EDT as an Aftershave..

Is there a reason not to use EDT as an aftershave. One reason the higher percentage of alcohol which gives better antiseptic disinfection benefits and btw I am not bothered by the strong burning sensation (I even enjoy it ..lol) and of course the scent lasts much more time
The only down-side I've found is that it's a bit costly but I can manage it
What do you think?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have used EDT, EDC, and aftershave interchangeably for my entire life with no problems. Strictly speaking they are different products for different purposes, skin conditioning etc. but if you like it then keep doing it 👍

Is there a reason not to use EDT as an aftershave. One reason the higher percentage of alcohol which gives better antiseptic disinfection benefits and btw I am not bothered by the strong burning sensation (I even enjoy it ..lol) and of course the scent lasts much more time
The only down-side I've found is that it's a bit costly but I can manage it
What do you think?
It's an expensive alternative to aftershave. If you have EdTs to burn, I guess there's no harm in it. You might be gassing everybody else out if you like to splash it on, though.

Aftershaves are supposed to have some skin conditioning ingredients and a lower concentration of fragrance oils. You can mix your own aftershave by diluting your EdT with witch hazel, water, vodka, etc. then add a few drops of glycerin, or other conditioning ingredients.

I dilute aftershaves all the time because I bought some that are way too strong for me to use straight.

I have added a few drops of glycerin to EDT's and colognes to give some moisturizing. So far, so good when using them as aftershaves. I like that the scent lasts longer also.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I have added a few drops of glycerin to EDT's and colognes to give some moisturizing. So far, so good when using them as aftershaves. I like that the scent lasts longer also.

This exactly.

Florida Water, 4711, Varon Dandy... There are a bunch of weak colognes that are better off, with glycerin added, as aftershave.

AA

This summer has been hot. I have oily skin. I’ve been using edc every day for my aftershave.
Marmara 13 edc.
marmara 14 edc
Ach brito colonia
Ach brito lavanda
Abbate y la mantia colonia garibaldi
Abbate y la mantia fufluns
Brut “splash on”

I'm not sure I would, it would just burn like crazy and dry out the skin more. Plus, cologne scents splashed on might gross out other people. There is such a thing as wearing too much fragrance no matter how good it is. At the end of the day, its your face and you can do what you want...but I don't think you would be doing it any favours.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I'll often use an unscented moisturizer- CeraVe- and then give myself a couple squirts of an EdT. A couple times in the past 2 weeks I've used a little Proraso 'white' balm and followed it with Acqua di Parma Colonia. But most EdTs are too expensive, too harsh on the skin, and too strongly scented to splash all over the place.

Top Bottom