What's new

Editing software.

The Nik collection is no longer owned by Google, I saw an article maybe a couple of months ago that they had sold it to another company who at the takeover announced that it wouldn't be free any more since they would make further developments on the application - a thing Google never did.

shm,
Perhaps you've misunderstood what I linked. Google put their last iteration of the Nik Collection up for D/L free rather than the previous $150 or so they charged. It was version 1.2.15. That's still available at filehippo for D/L. DxO then acquired the rights and has been continuing development. And naturally they charge for the newer refined product.
All that said the 1.2.15 free version is quite capable and a worthy addition to anyone's plugin arsenal.

Gimp would be good for destructive editing - meaning cropping or removing artefacts from the images and such needs.

If you need a tool to pop the image in a non destructive mode - look at raw therapee, it's free and very good alternative to adobe lightroom.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Im a very new user of Lightroom. even rudimentary tasks are a struggle i feel like im using a computer for the first time! I missed the start date for the local photo shops lectures. Their 3 week class for September starts of course on my better halfs birthday so of course thats out. I looked thru this thread. Is anyone aware of an on line class or video anyone can recommend? I have to wait to October for the camera shops class.

Im a very new user of Lightroom. even rudimentary tasks are a struggle i feel like im using a computer for the first time! I missed the start date for the local photo shops lectures. Their 3 week class for September starts of course on my better halfs birthday so of course thats out. I looked thru this thread. Is anyone aware of an on line class or video anyone can recommend? I have to wait to October for the camera shops class.
There's bound to be a bunch of stuff on YouTube that's free, although I don't know how good it is.
You might also want to try searching for how-tos on the topics you're struggling with.
Besides, Lightroom's user manual is bound to be helpful to some extent.

Lynda.com, now Linkedin Training has some good courses. It’s subscription based but there is a free month. Our local library Has a subscription so you might want to check them out.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Lynda.com, now Linkedin Training has some good courses. It’s subscription based but there is a free month. Our local library Has a subscription so you might want to check them out.
Thanks. I did look at lynda but ill give it a second look.
There's bound to be a bunch of stuff on YouTube that's free, although I don't know how good it is.
You might also want to try searching for how-tos on the topics you're struggling with.
Besides, Lightroom's user manual is bound to be helpful to some extent.
Thanks!
Part of my process is dealing with a learning curve but having the time to research or just learn by doing. Im also a procrastinator so i work against that too. Ive googled issues as they come up but its hard to feel like im learning making progress. I will check out some videos and report back if i find something useful. Ive got my camera shops 3 week course on diary for October. I did their 3 week course on photography and it helped to pay for something and have a class to get to as motivation. I also attended an online live course they had on bird photography it helped that it was live you could post questions. Compared to watching a recording. After a few they can become maddening and i end up putting the audio on fast play . Most people dont script it out and the delay of ums and talk filler about inane stuff while they are thinking of what to say is crazy making for me.

I've found this guy's videos to be very helpful.

Hey! I have some ideas for some nice videos that I would like to post on YouTube. But I have no idea how to edit them. I see that is an old thread but maybe someone is still here and can help me.

Hey! I have some ideas for some nice videos that I would like to post on YouTube. But I have no idea how to edit them. I see that is an old thread but maybe someone is still here and can help me.
You could take a look at DaVinci Resolve - they have a free version.
It might be overkill, but without knowing what sort of editing you actually have in mind, it's difficult to advise more.

I hate Adobe's subscription model and still have Lightroom installed. When I reinstalled Windows, and then Lightroom 5.0. Adobe removed all updates from their website - for something I paid for!

Did I mention that I hate Adobe?

I found v 5.7 on archive.org (the wayback machine).

I use Faststone Viewer most of the time these days. It's not quite as full featured as Lightroom, but you can do quite a bit with it. It's free with a donation button if you're so inclined to support it.

... Thom

I work as a video editor and handle social media for my company, so I often post videos on various platforms. I use Movavi for editing because it's user-friendly and packed with features like cutting and joining clips, adding filters, and adjusting audio. I've seen many bloggers use it too because it simplifies the editing process.

Movavi's tools help me polish videos quickly, making them engaging for viewers. The cutting tool is great for trimming down footage to the essential parts, and the filters add a professional look to the videos. If you're new to editing, Movavi could be a good start. For more info on free MP4 editors that might suit your needs, check out this guide: 11 BEST Free MP4 Editors 2024 [Windows & Mac] - https://www.movavi.com/learning-portal/best-free-mp4-editors.html.

Top Bottom