What's new

Edgewell's Flexball - Core Motion Technology

Edgewell have released their version of the Flexball, it is currently available in Germany as the Balea Precision 5 Flex-Pro at DM Drogerie. There are also Quattro carts promoting this new feature as Core Motion Technology.

proxy.php

proxy.php

This delivered a BBS shave this morning. I am confused as to why it is being used with the Quattro/GT/Caliber product family, and thus not compatible with the Hydro products.

proxy.php

Looks like they are trying to catch up to the Gillette Pro Fusion with the flex ball technology. Interesting.

If I'm understanding right, quattro and balea precision razor are interchangeable.

Interesting, good way to pair futur birthday gifts for friends and family, flexball handle, quattro cartridges

Walmart's Equate brand 5 blade razor now comes with the same flexball too.
Yeah, I knew I saw a new Equate brand razor at Walmart last week. I didn't get a good look at it when I was there, but wondered if it were a flexball style razor. I may get one just to try out.

Is Gillette's Patients expiring that quick? or is a similar design to it? not that im going back to a cart cant use anything past a 3 blade thought

I picked up one of the Walmart Equate branded motion sphere razors for my son last week. Cost less than 6 dollars and comes with 2 cartridges. It uses the same cartridges as the Caliber 5 I have. I will give it a go myself this weekend to see how it shaves.

Attachments

• equate razor.jpeg
    16.8 MB · Views: 10
I picked up one of the Walmart Equate branded motion sphere razors for my son last week. Cost less than 6 dollars and comes with 2 cartridges. It uses the same cartridges as the Caliber 5 I have. I will give it a go myself this weekend to see how it shaves.
Keep us updated

I used the Equate Motion Sphere razor last night for the first time and thought it did a good job. Got a shave comparable to a Gillette Fusion. If I had found this razor 4 years ago I probably wouldn't have went to a safety razor. I just couldn't stand paying Gillette's high cartridge prices and couldn't go back to disposables after using a good cartridge. I'm not sure how my neck would do if I tried to use this as a daily shaver. I seemed to have irritation and bumps from shaving with my Gillette on a daily basis back then, but I also didn't know about proper prep and shave technique then either. If I didn't have my safety razors and inexpensive blades, I would most likely be using this Equate Motion Sphere or the Personna Caliber 5 as my regular razor.

I used the Balea Precision 5 Flex-Pro with a Quattro Titanium and my shave was smoother than the Calibre 5. They are both very good carts. The Quattro cart was from a disposable pack on sale, so very inexpensive.

Top Bottom