What's new

Edge Chipped - What Should I Do, if anything?

I suggest getting Theirs Issard razors. They have the best edges I have ever gotten. That being said I managed to guess the email for the CEO of The Shave Network and he actually got back to me saying he will make it right and assign someone to my case. If I can get mine in a shave ready state I will let him know about your issue and see if he can at least get it honed properly with a keen smooth edge. If he can't make mine right I will try to get it exchanged for a TI or something. Thanks for the offer on your Hart. I suspect mine is going to wind up the same way. But let's give them a chance to make it right.

I have excellent razors from Thiers Issard, Boker, Heribert Wacker, Ralph Aust, Brian Brown, and Victor Creeazzi of Bluesman Blades.

Hart razors have not been made for many years. I suspect most of the razors still in stock were either factory seconds or razors returned by dissatisfied customers, of which there have been many. Thus, the best you can hope for is a return of your money. To bad you cannot get compensation for "pain and suffering".

I have excellent razors from Thiers Issard, Boker, Heribert Wacker, Ralph Aust, Brian Brown, and Victor Creeazzi of Bluesman Blades.

Hart razors have not been made for many years. I suspect most of the razors still in stock were either factory seconds or razors returned by dissatisfied customers, of which there have been many. Thus, the best you can hope for is a return of your money. To bad you cannot get compensation for "pain and suffering".
Let's hope that is not the case. But if it is I will just ask to have it exchanged for something else. So of all the straights you mention which do you like the most? I am waiting on a Ralf Aust (USPS sucks)

Ralf Aust razors may be the best value available in straight razors. Aust is a one man shop. His razors are not fancy with gold wash, etc. but they are excellent shavers. It is my understanding that Aust does not forge his own blanks, but gets them fromthe same forge in Solingen that produces the blanks for Boker and Dovo. Herr Aust turns out some fine pieces of craftsmanship; they just are not as fancy as some razors. He does use spacers rather than wedges in his scales, but unless that is an important detail to you, his razors are fine shavers and a great value for shavers new and experienced alike. I highly recommend Aust razors to those getting started with straight razors.

Top Bottom