What's new

EDC flashlight

Late to this show, but I love my Nitecore Chameleon CU6. It's a single 18650 cell torch with a high lumen output rating, IP68 standard that also includes red, blue, green and UV light. Depending on the year you look at I think they're 960-1000 lumens.

S

Scrubby

I like very bright lights in a small (18350) package. I got a nitecore EC11 and an emisar D4. On days i feel this is still too large i switch to Fenix E02R (10180 battery)

When I really used one it was a Maglite or Petzl headlamp because that's what we had and we liked them. My needs are minimal now and this Surefire Titan Plus does the job then some; nevertheless, some great suggestions in this thread have given me the urge to get a USB rechargeable.
IMG_E3469.JPG

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I haven't bough a new torch for several years. For regular daily pocket carry, my options have steadily dwindled to these, either due to loss, or expiration.

P1050092.JPG

I also have several AAA lights which I might carry instead, particularly if pocket space is limited.

Today's lights:

-Keychain: ThruNite Ti2 in black. 120 lumens from one AAA battery.
-Left BDU pocket: Streamlight Stylus Pro USB. 350 or 90 lumens, using a built-in rechargeable Li-Ion battery.
-Backpack: Bushnell Pro, 400 lumens on high from two CR123s.
-Backpack: Hyper Tough 500 lumen USB head lamp. Two spot modes and two flood modes, using a built-in rechargeable 18650 battery.
-First Aid kit: Super cheap ($3) Rayovac penlight. Runs on one AAA battery and puts out 4 lumens because I don't want to blind somebody when checking their pupils (or myself when looking for a splinter).

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
SureFire "Titan Plus" on a ring with my Leatherman Micra. Additionally, a Thrunite "T2" when I know I'll be out after dark or before dawn.

Today's EDC light was an Energizer Tac 300. Three modes (high, low, strobe) with one CR123 battery. It's about the size of a roll of quarters. Pocket clip, forward clicky, and twelve dollars.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have a Fenix PD35 that I've had for years. I like it so much, I got one for each member of our family. The only thing I don't like about them is the holster. I got a better holster from Lee Valley Tool Company... they only make one so no need to post a link, really.

I don't really EDC a light, unless I'm out hunting or camping, but I have a Zanflare F2 2xAA as my work inspection light, and for hunting I have a few 1x18650 lights: Zanflare F1 and three Convoy S2+.

Everyone I hunt with scoffs at my cheapo lights, but none of them have been willing to point out any deficiencies either.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I keep on looking at threads like this, still haven't found a reason to swap out my AAA lites that are used briefly but daily .. I am presently carrying the same one I have for a while, but have spares in different metals here & there in various pockets .. I think it is a corollary of that good old B&B truism - your mileage wont vary, but your usage does .. mine likely couldn't be used all day or to illuminate a forest trail

1647899492660.png

Just received my new ThruNite Ti2 in green. It has the exact same dimensions and output as my old olight 13E eos that Ive carried for 5 years. For $7 you can’t go wrong, plus I‘ve been going though green etc thing lately.

Attachments

• 138151E5-9C39-49BD-8420-E004C1FBEB78.jpeg
    138151E5-9C39-49BD-8420-E004C1FBEB78.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
Thanks for the advice all. My son saw me perusing some of the recommended flashlights and chipped in with the remark that he'd got a really good torch which somebody had given him for a birthday present. It was the Lumintop model mentioned above, and it turns out it really is good. Light, very bright and easy to use is how I'd describe it. And it's readily available in the UK at the moment, which many of the recommended models aren't. Probably the next consignment of these destined for the UK are sitting in a shipping container somewhere or other.

Having the Lumintop Tool AA in my jacket pocket proved a real boon a couple of days ago. A tyre blew out on my car as I drove along an unlit country road well after sunset and I would have been very hard pushed to fit the spare without such a good light source.
TBF a head torch would have been a bit easier to use, but one of comparable brightness would have cost a lot more and probably not been pocket friendly. The Lumintop did the job and did it well.

Keychain: Lumintop EDC01 in black. It's a three-mode (5 lumens, 32 lumens, 120 lumens) single AAA twisty. For ten dollars.

Pocket: Energizer Tac 300. Three modes (50 lumens, 300 lumens, strobe) on one CR123 battery. Clicky tailcap to operate. $11 with a pocket clip.

Lumintop Titanium FW3A and FWAA, both with Sapphire lenses and glow gaskets, but my favorite that gets carried the most by far is the Noctigon K4 with colored AUX lights - changed the game for me, also with sapphire lens and stainless bezel. All of these run on the Anduril interface.

Top Bottom