What's new

EDC Flashlight

I have upgraded a Laser Products 6P and a Surefire 6P with the Malkoff M61 450 lumen drop ins with great success.

I have also upgraded a Gen 1 80/5 Lumen Surefire Backup which toggled from high to low to a 300+ lumens single output using an M61 Drop in, a VME/Malkoff head and a rechargeable 16340 single cell.

I am looking forward to the upgraded offerings of Elzetta as they along with Surefire and Malkoff are the three of Made in the USA flashlights on the market right now. I suppose you could put in some Pelican and Streamlight products as well.

I fully acknowledge that Nitcore and Fenix are 2 Chinese ( PRC ) flashlight companies that are innovative, well made and exceed the intersection of quality/value. I am simply making a conscious choice not to buy anything from China when I can afford to do otherwise and there are comparable and/or better products available.

My true EDC. Never leaves my side. Small enough to barely notice it's in your pocket. Powerful enough (Especially with lithium primaries) to light up the night.
IMG_0415.jpg

I've got far too many flashlights, but I can confidently say this one gets carried every day.

Last edited:

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Just bought a ThruNite T2, big brother to the small (18350) T1 that I purchased (and posted about) last year. Operation is essentially the same, 'cept this one runs a 21700 battery in a relatively small tube.

As I am up early in the morning dark of upstate New York, and there's no outside light hereabouts, I appreciate the T2's extra power and run time. Thing punches out 3800 lumens at max, but the 400 setting is just fine, as it gives me run time I need. The T1 is my summer carry, the T2 is for cold, dark winters.

That both the T1 and T2 handle and operate similarly is a big plus. One is just a fist-size version of the other, and the switch placement and sequences are the same. Only real operational difference is that the T1 is continuously variable, whereas the T2 offers three brightness levels. All other operational protocols (access to turbo, strobe, moonlight, etc.) are the same.

So far, build quality and ease of operation are first class. Prices are competitive with offerings from O-Light and NiteCore.

That said, I also carry a small (AAA) SureFire Titan keychain light that I tether to a Leatherman Micro. A bit heavy together, but they are always at the ready.

Overall, I'd rate the T2 as being more practical than tactical, which is perfect for me, as I don't need the extra bulk of a crenelated head or a tailcap switch.

Last edited:

shavefan

I’m not a fan
MY EDC for over a decade has been Zebralight. I keep their headlamps in each car and one in my shop. I love how you can configure them however you want (battery type, CRI, color temp, floody lens, etc.).

Zebralight

My true EDC. Never leaves my side. Small enough to barely notice it's in your pocket. Powerful enough (Especially with lithium primaries) to light up the night.
View attachment 1220519
I've got far too many flashlights, but I can confidently say this one gets carried every day.
Thats the same one I’ve used for over 3 years now, in fact made a post about it on page 2.
I have not found a smaller, brighter, cheaper and more reliable light that takes common batteries than this one.

My favorite is still my Zebralight sc64w hi. Incredible truly. Picked up a Sofirn SC31 Pro in5k tint for a vehicle light and am surprised as to how ell it's made. It's in my fiancees truck. They multiply btw lol
IMG_20210319_205120834.jpg

Depending on your budget, take a look at ralights.com.
I have an early EDC Tactical and while it's output is low compared to current offerings, it's still my most used EDC.

I don't actually EDC them, unless I'm out in the bush camping or hunting. But in those cases I have a Zanflare F1 and a couple Convoy S2+.

Bang for buck nothing beats em.

Top Bottom