What's new

EDC Flashlight

Another vote for Fenix lights.

Streamlight makes nice flashlights too, and their warranty is great. I'm a big fan of their ProTac series.

Battery Junction carries most of the brands discussed as well and my stuff has shipped quickly.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

My edc: on the left: FW3A purple. Cree XP-L HI 1A Cool White 6500K LED. I like cool white for pre-sunrise walking and neutral / warmer LEDs for indoors. They both get up to what, 3500 lumens whathaveyou? I don't care for high lumens (except for my nightstand light) and keep my FW3As set at around 80-90 lumens. The tri-LED FW3A has the best beam for walking of all the lights that I own.

proxy.php

My edc: on the left: FW3A purple. Cree XP-L HI 1A Cool White 6500K LED. I like cool white for pre-sunrise walking and neutral / warmer LEDs for indoors. They both get up to what, 3500 lumens whathaveyou? I don't care for high lumens (except for my nightstand light) and keep my FW3As set at around 80-90 lumens. The tri-LED FW3A has the best beam for walking of all the lights that I own.

proxy.php

I looked at these and really like them except for one thing: the battery has to be removed to charge it (unless I'm missing something). I find USB charging to be a must have.

The first of what I'm sure will be several:
proxy.php

USB rechargeable
1000 lumens
Tail switch

I like USB rechargeable because I want to keep one at the ready in my truck. At some point, I want one in each vehicle I drive. I was looking at the TUP1000, but it is so small that at the highest level, the battery is listed to last only 15 min. I'm now looking at the Olight S1R Baton. This is going to get ugly!

Really liking this light with one exception: It doesn't remember the last setting after it is turned off. I now know to look for this setting in the next light that I purchase.

I use this on my key ring.
96DC500C-BE62-442A-A6D7-6BD4C95D70D4.jpeg

It is usb rechargeable. I really love it. I use it daily and am always amazed how long it lasts.

I made a sheath for my Kershaw Skyline and my favorite flashlight.
04DBC18C-D425-4B38-B5B8-42ED2FBD8D3A.jpeg

It is also usb rechargeable. I am also impressed at how long it lasts. It has high and low. Low is fine for 90 percent of the time. High is very bright for a triple a size light.

These are what I use after trying quite a few rechargeable lamps.

Really liking this light with one exception: It doesn't remember the last setting after it is turned off. I now know to look for this setting in the next light that I purchase.
Do dig into the instructions, my BLF A6 didn't come with the memory mode on by default. It was a PITA to cycle the switch 19 times to get to memory mode but at least it's got one.

Hopefully it's there and you just haven't discovered it yet.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
2) That you rascals would enable me

When B&B got a new logo a few years ago, not many people know that the decision for the new logo ultimately came down to two different options. Of course, we ended up going with the Sly Badger.

Not many people know how close we came to the other option, though.

1583714705499.png

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I'm a big fan of Zebralights. I've had Fenix, Olight, Surefire, Stylus pro, etc. over the years and my favorite by far is Zebralight. You can choose your style with 0° or 90° heads (can be used as a headlamp which is key for hands free use), AA or 18650 battery, color temp of led, high CRI options, spot or floody lens. Configure one to to your needs. I have three of them and they have held up for years.

Last edited:
Mouse gun. Mouse flashlight.

Fenix. They no longer make this model but the current model is E-16

proxy.php

I was given a Gearlight S100 (2x AAA) as a stocking gift a couple Christmas' back. About a year ago I started carrying it nearly every day. It is quite rugged, apparently waterproof (dropped ON in puddles a couple times), good battery life (IKEA Eneloops), and very bright. (They were ~$30 each when introduced and there are 2-pack deals now on ebay for ~$21 w/ free shipping.) I'd certainly recommend one to a friend.

proxy.php

Top Bottom