What's new

EDC Flashlight

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Both are fine lights.
You are going to have a tough choice.
Beware: You buy 1 and you will want more.

Both are fine lights.
You are going to have a tough choice.
Beware: You buy 1 and you will want more.

LOL. I have already arrived at the conclusion that I'm going to need more than one light. The choices are endless and the suggestions here have been great. I'm going to order a few and go from there.

martym

Go to the Olight store website
Their
OD Green M2R Pro will be on sale on the 13th. Up to 1800 lumen
Just saying

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I use this:

90% of the time, that's what I reach for, and that's more than enough for my needs. If I occasionally need more light than that, then I dig out my "real" flashlight.

I'm thinking that I would like something rechargeable that can be kept at the ready (one in my car).

I like the Olight baton. Get a version with the magnetic base, as that can come in really handy ... has done so for me on several occasions.

This light uses 2 CR123 batteries (which go dead at the worse times)

You can get rechargeable versions of this battery. But ... I will agree that, compared to the 18650, it's going to run out of juice a lot faster.

The main benefit to this size of battery is getting to use a very small flashlight! Using two at once ... you might as well use a 18650 flashlight instead.

can someone explain lumens to me? How big a deal is lumens?

Basically, it's a measurement of how much light is being emitted by the flashlight. Back in the day, we'd talk about light bulbs by Watts ... 40 watt bulb isn't as bright as a 60 watt bulb which isn't as bright as a 100 watt bulb. Now it's Lumens.

Of course, the more lumens getting put out, the more juice the flashlight needs.

The first of what I'm sure will be several:
proxy.php

USB rechargeable
1000 lumens
Tail switch

I like USB rechargeable because I want to keep one at the ready in my truck. At some point, I want one in each vehicle I drive. I was looking at the TUP1000, but it is so small that at the highest level, the battery is listed to last only 15 min. I'm now looking at the Olight S1R Baton. This is going to get ugly!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
This is going to get ugly!
:yesnod:

But you will get some great flashlights.

I EDC the Nitecore tube and one of several 18650 flashlights I have. In my truck I keep an Olight Seeker ...

... in the off chance that I need more lumen-power while driving out and about.

martym

I have the
S1Baton
S2 Baton
They are wonderful!!
You will love them too.
The S1 on moonlight mode is something.
I have a magnet on the ceiling of my blinds and I hang the baton by the tail cap magnet. Perfect
Also, the S1 is small enough to turn the clip around, clip it to the bill of your baseball cap and use it like that.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I keep a brace of LED lanterns in the kit of my car. They use 4 D cells and last for extended periods.

I keep a brace of LED lanterns in the kit of my car. They use 4 D cells and last for extended periods.
I got in on a budget light forum group buy recently for one that uses 4x 18650 rechargeables. Haven't had time to put it through it's paces much.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom