What's new

EDC Bag

Everyday Carry bag, do you carry one? If so what do you put in it?

What stays on your person (keys, phone, wallet, etc?)

I'm piecing to gather a little kit for myself and need ideas

I know to a lot of people super tacticool man comes to mind.

But it definitely doesn't need to be survival/tactical related.

Just what every you carry on a daily basis to make life easier

I carry a swiss army cadet in my pocket every day. If I need anything more than that on my person at all times, I must be in some big trouble.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Usually keys. Wallet. Phone. Maybe a pen. No bag for me however unless its my redox brief bag.

Ugh, so here is my EDC (Work) bag. The bag itself is an older Chrome laptop/messanger bag. Here is what it carries every day.
  • 15" Macbook Pro
  • iPad Pro
  • Kindle
  • 3 Fountain Pens
  • Nintendo 3DS
Outside the bag and my true EDC I have the following
  • iPhone
  • Pocket knife (rotate through several)
  • Keys with Keysmart system
  • Apple Watch

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
IMG_1322.JPG

I think this is one of the most fascinating armchair discussions. I work with blokes who carry everything from a rucksack to...nearly nothing every day. Jokingly I asked the rucksack carriers what do you carry around in that large bag all day? Most of it is just innocuous stuff like a novel, pain relief medicine, and snacks!

I am a minimalist. Typical men's bi-fold wallet, very small key ring(cannot stand a big ring of keys), mobile, gel pen(click of course), and reading glasses these last ten years. Almost forgot, a Spyderco Delica in the hip pocket. Other than that, not much. After I noticed the first guy at work toting the rucksack around I started paying a bit of attention to others and noted there are several. I wonder sometimes if it is a sort comfort or fallback security feeling? No knock or insinuation in that comment. I would just think it would get in the way a lot. Now, something in the vehicle? Probably a good idea and something I need to sort.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I don't carry a bag.

I always have:
Wallet
Pistol
Phone
Pocket knife

I sometimes have:
Pocket comb
Small flashlight
Leatherman Micra
Car keys if I'm traveling

Filson small Field Bag.
Phone, keys, wallet, small flashlight, Swiss Army knife, pen and paper. Occasionally a bottle of water, granola bars, sandwich.

When not on duty,
G 23
BUG, rotates between several.
Extra Mag for each.
Flashlight
Phone
Wallet w/credentials
Keys
Challenge coin.
Knife

I think this is one of the most fascinating armchair discussions. I work with blokes who carry everything from a rucksack to...nearly nothing every day. Jokingly I asked the rucksack carriers what do you carry around in that large bag all day? Most of it is just innocuous stuff like a novel, pain relief medicine, and snacks!

I am a minimalist. Typical men's bi-fold wallet, very small key ring(cannot stand a big ring of keys), mobile, gel pen(click of course), and reading glasses these last ten years. Almost forgot, a Spyderco Delica in the hip pocket. Other than that, not much. After I noticed the first guy at work toting the rucksack around I started paying a bit of attention to others and noted there are several. I wonder sometimes if it is a sort comfort or fallback security feeling? No knock or insinuation in that comment. I would just think it would get in the way a lot. Now, something in the vehicle? Probably a good idea and something I need to sort.

I know what you mean and my bag will probably stay in the car 80% of the time.

I don't have much in mine now but I do have a "boo-boo kit" that saved the day at the zoo this weekend. The day would've been ruined had I not had a Doc McStiffins bandaid for my daughters knee when she fell and scrapped it. If anything it saved us a trip all the way back out to the truck

I carry a small backpack with tablet, headphones, windbreaker, umbrella. On my person I carry keys, wallet, watch, work ID, pens, and phone. My keychain sports a Fenix E15 flashlight, a Spyderco Manbug folding knife, and an old Pilsner Urquel bottle opener, made in Czechoslovakia. Omnia mea mecum porto -- all that I have I carry with me (except for the tons of stuff I keep at home, but I don't know how to say that in Latin. ;))

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I carry an Osprey daylight plus backpack. It’s small but not too small. It’s 20 L in size. I carry cash, sun screen, Off, baby wipes, Kershaw knife, small first aid kit, A charging cord designed for multiple devices, a small amount of toilet paper, Headlamp, a rite in the rain pad and pen, A small USB cube that plugs into your receptacle, a small charging block, A small fire starting kit with a bic lighter with duct tape wrapped around it, a Miniature multitool, A few packages of beef jerky packs and a couple of protein bars. I also have a osprey water bladder with a hose that runs out for easy access to water, a Sawyer mini water filter, pain relievers, Benadryl, Pepper spray, plastic garbage bags and a large ziplock bag. Last thing would be a pair of gloves and ankle support compression sleave. Water bottle.

I just leave it in my car on the passenger side seat, for easy access.

Last edited:
I carry a canvas book bag with me whenever I leave the house. But in my pockets, I carry my small keyring and my minute new wallet from Thread:

In the book bag: I carry a book at least 2/3rds unread, maybe a New Yorker or the latest NYRB. My Kaweco Sport Classic fountain pen (and J. Harbin violet ink cartridges). Carmax in a little tub. Spare masks. A notebook containing mainly shopping lists. Two pairs of glasses. A bic lighter. A miniature flashlight.

If I ever just dash out for a quick Starbucks, the only thing from the bag that I grab is the book: I won't leave my door without a book to read.

Top Bottom