What's new

eczema sufferers recommend body wash please

For some reason artisian soaps with tallow and/or lanolin seem to keep my eczema at bay but if it flares up I just use aveeno unscented and put on clobetesol oitment then cereva cream directly over top of it as soon as I get out of the shower and within day or two it goes away. But since ive been using artisan soaps ive noticed it does not flare up much at all just small patch here and there once every couple of months.

Hydrolatum is not a wash but a good cream that worked for me. CVS, at their pharmacy, had a good price or Costco.

+1 I use this also when I think to stop at cvs when im near one, closest one is 55mi away though so I settle for cereva usually which I like almost as much.

Hmm, how old is your daughter? Is the eczema more of an out of hand diaper rash or is it somewhere else on her body? In any case, the cetaphil restoraderm cream or a basic zinc oxide cream would both work well. As for washing, it's important to use a mild body wash, the gold bond body washes are very good, but they are aimed at adults.

I'd recommend just going to the pharmacy, showing your pharmacist the rash and asking for his recommendation, it's always better to ask a professional. A pharmacist is very capable of telling you how to treat these minor inconveniences and it's not such a hassle as taking your daughter to see your doctor.

I find African Black soap/Shea butter seems to help. Colder showers instead of hot too....sucks in the winter of course. Extra Vitamin D seems to help me as well.

In any case, the cetaphil restoraderm cream or a basic zinc oxide cream would both work well. As for washing, it's important to use a mild body wash, the gold bond body washes are very good, but they are aimed at adults.

Just to clarify, I was suggesting the Cetaphil Restoraderm body wash, rather than the body cream.

I had incredibly bad eczema for 7 years. It didn't go away until I stopped buying and using the brand name stuff from the grocery store. I found a natural "Goat Milk" soap from the organic section which worked very well. I currently use Mitchell's Wool Fat body soap in the shower and haven't had any eczema return.

We have her body eczema under control with diet for the most part but it does flare up in the winter. She is 6 by the way. We have the cetaphil on order and use cera v lotion. Thanks for the help everyone. We got a scrypt for stuff under her eyes too. Seems to be working well

It has been a lot better after some allergy testing. She is allergic to birch and peaches pears and a few other Fruits are cross reactors. If we take those foods away her eczema foees away. She used to scratch until she was bleeding. Now she only has the eczema eyes and dry hands in the winter. The allergist said to try a good body wash in winter

We started using Cetaphil Restoraderm and also use cerave lotion. This seem to work the best. The lotion helps a lot on her hands.

She also gets eczema eyes. The doc gave us a script for tobradex (I think that is what it is called) for her eye lids. After a couple of days of that the goopy and red eyes have stopped and we now use a swab and some cerave on her eye lids. Seems to have taken care of it and she is doing well.

Thanks for the advice everyone

warm water.

Its already a powerful solvent and usually has chlorine in it too. I just shower and rub myself down under warm running water for a bout ten minutes. No need to strip the natural oils just get the dirt, salt and some of the bacteria.

I Use kiss my face hand soap, hand lotion, and shaving cream.

A bit pricey, but California Baby (either the eczema or super sensitive formulas). Aveeno eczema wash is cheaper and works but has sulfates (which can bother some).

A bit pricey, but California Baby (either the eczema or super sensitive formulas). Aveeno eczema wash is cheaper and works but has sulfates (which can bother some).
+1

I have eczema, and my dad has developed a serious case of "I'm allergic to just about everything." He's 73, and it just started from out of nowhere last year. He had all kinds of dermatological testing done at Ohio State University Hospital, and in the end, the Doc recommended California Baby products. I started using them too, and we've both seen a huge improvement in our skin conditions. Be careful though, they have products which contain lavender oils, and some essential oils can be an irritant. They have scent-free products...that's what we buy.

Another thing he's doing is adding powered milk to his laundry in the washer (recommended by the OSU Dermatologist. 1/2 cup for small to medium loads, 1 cup for large to extra large loads. The dyes, and the formaldehyde used to set the colors, is a HUGE irritant. The powered milk helps break down the formaldehyde. We've also both switched to All Free/Clear laundry detergent.

Hope some of this helps....I personally know that eczema sucks, especially as a child who itched and scratched in my sleep...to the point of bleeding...

Let us know how things turn out for your daughter...!!!

Top Bottom