What's new

Ebbets Field Ad

I came across this and thought it interesting.

$ebbets-field-brooklyn-brooklyn-dodgers-1920.jpg

Very Cool !! I am going to show this to my Dad.. He lived close to Ebbets field and was raised by his grandparents , his Grandfather loved Gem razors.. Thank you for posting this ..

Ad coolness aside, look at the people. Every person is dressed very nicely with a coat and hat. Every last one as far I can tell. It's a shame we as a society don't care about our appearance anymore like that (probably another reason for carts...do just enough of a shave to get by not to really do the job right). And don't go bashing me as an elitist. I am certainly not the best dressed individual. I wish I did this on my own but sadly, for far too long, I fell into societies views on casual dressing and don't really have a good sense of style. Anyway, these are just my humble ramblings. It would be nice if society still did this.

I'm with you, Bacon. I've often times seen a picture like this one or an old movie or newsreel and thought the same thing. When did wearing a hat go out of style? It used to be you didn't go anywhere without wearing your hat. (Not the baseball cap that has become the dominant style either. I'm talking like a fedora. )

Top Bottom