What's new

ebay: why so expensive?

I don't know which model it is but the spiral knurled piece looks interesting. The seller says the blue tip SS is British made and that the rest are USA made. I thought that a bulldog handle would have to be an open comb if it were a USA made razor ?

4 VINTAGE GILLETTE SAFETY RAZORS ADJUSTMENT ON 2
Sold for US $103.29

proxy.php

The fatboy looks rough. The price doesn't strike me as totally insane but it doesn't seem cheap.

Isn't the second razor a fairly collectible model?

Yep, that was me.
Been lusting for an English Aristocrat for months.
It's really the only razor left that I haven't tried and that I'm curious about - not to mention they are just beautiful.
I figured this was a good opportunity to get one for a "reasonable" price when factoring in cleaning up and selling the other 3.
And if I don't like it, I will resell the Aristocrat as well. If I did do that, and sssuming nothing is wrong with it, I should be able to at least break even on the transaction.

But I plan on keeping the Brit and selling the rest for now - if anybody wants any of the other 3 let me know. I don't sell to make huge profits, just to fuel the AD a little. B&B members always get better deals than what I would hope to sell for on ebay

it really does look awesome - the aristocrat that is. Cngratz and enjoy, do tell me how things go with it would ya? :smile:

If they all clean up well, I guess it isn't an outrageous. The Fatboy looks like the worst of the lot, and some of mine have looked worse and cleaned up fine.

Top Bottom