What's new

Ebay seller-Pegasusimp; A great deal on refurbished vintage shave ready straights.

I have been wet-mug & brush shaving for 12 years, straight razor shaving for 3 yrs now & have purchased striaghts and other tonsorial related items from B&B members-with 98% satisfaction and others on Ebay with 85-88% satisfation. The straights were either not as described, excessive honewear, not worth honing-beyond honing and not 'shave ready' as described.
Then I saw an Ebay seller pegausimp who sells refurbished shave ready striaghts starting bids at $29.99. I started to purchase from him for nearly 2 years, most of the time I paid $29.99, or had to bid higher to purchase some-never reached $50, and the striaghts are polished, look new, and most of all, they are shave ready. I get great shaves from his razors and he is a top-nothc Ebay seller. Many have the original scales while some had new ones. I 'm completely satisfied. He refurbishes all kinds of vintage striaghts from known brands to the obscure, and they all give fantastic shaves.
Pegasusimp is Jim Pietrasik, a retired tool & die maker & industrial engineer living in the suburbs north of Chicago. I was in the CHicago area and bid on a few straigths and contacted Jim and asked if I could come up to his place and pick up the striaghts. He agreed-I went to his house and he showed me his operation. As I mentioned, he is a retired tool & die make so he knows his stuff. Being a tool and die maker and industrial engineer he has tools and other machinery the average metal worker and wood-worker dream of or never knew existed. He has an array of stones and strops like any honemeister. He polished the blades to a like-new finish and hones them. For the care and work Jim puts into each striaght, $29.99 is a bargain. I purchased a shave ready Morley with barber's notch-Spanish point on grey carbon fiber scales made by Jim for $29.99! Who can beat that! He is a gracious host, very intelligent-I enjoyed our conversations, and a great Ebay seller.
Besides selling great value well refurbished straights, Jim also runs a business-The Imperial Shave. He makes high quality strops and shave sets, low-cost stainless steel shave bowls-mugs and even has some high end vintage striagths for sale. He also makes high-end Mach III & Gilette Fushion shave sets, shave brushes, and strops. The strops may seem expensive, but alot of work goes into them. The fittings are stamped metal and the hides are high-quality cow and horse. He explained to me the grades of hides from the horse and the work put into each strop.
If you're looking for a good value in well-restored shave ready straights on Ebay and see half a page of various vintage straights starting at $29.99, open it, seller-pegasusimp-read the information and start bidding. You will purchase a well-restored shave ready straight from an honest seller and a gentleman who knows his job, and puts alot of care into his refurbished striaghts and tonsorials. I highly recommend pegasusimp.-Bladerunner:thumbup:

tldr.

I tried, but there was just too many words to restate the title of the thread for me to continue.

FTFY. FWIW, most people are gonna skip over your posts if there is just a wall of text. Thanks for the heads up though. It's always nice to hear about good sellers on the bay.

I have been wet-mug & brush shaving for 12 years, straight razor shaving for 3 yrs now & have purchased striaghts and other tonsorial related items from B&B members-with 98% satisfaction and others on Ebay with 85-88% satisfation. The straights were either not as described, excessive honewear, not worth honing-beyond honing and not 'shave ready' as described.

Then I saw an Ebay seller pegausimp who sells refurbished shave ready striaghts starting bids at $29.99. I started to purchase from him for nearly 2 years, most of the time I paid $29.99, or had to bid higher to purchase some-never reached $50, and the striaghts are polished, look new, and most of all, they are shave ready.

I get great shaves from his razors and he is a top-nothc Ebay seller. Many have the original scales while some had new ones. I 'm completely satisfied. He refurbishes all kinds of vintage striaghts from known brands to the obscure, and they all give fantastic shaves.

Pegasusimp is Jim Pietrasik, a retired tool & die maker & industrial engineer living in the suburbs north of Chicago. I was in the CHicago area and bid on a few straigths and contacted Jim and asked if I could come up to his place and pick up the striaghts. He agreed-I went to his house and he showed me his operation.

As I mentioned, he is a retired tool & die make so he knows his stuff. Being a tool and die maker and industrial engineer he has tools and other machinery the average metal worker and wood-worker dream of or never knew existed. He has an array of stones and strops like any honemeister. He polished the blades to a like-new finish and hones them.

For the care and work Jim puts into each striaght, $29.99 is a bargain. I purchased a shave ready Morley with barber's notch-Spanish point on grey carbon fiber scales made by Jim for $29.99! Who can beat that! He is a gracious host, very intelligent-I enjoyed our conversations, and a great Ebay seller.

Besides selling great value well refurbished straights, Jim also runs a business-The Imperial Shave. He makes high quality strops and shave sets, low-cost stainless steel shave bowls-mugs and even has some high end vintage striagths for sale. He also makes high-end Mach III & Gilette Fushion shave sets, shave brushes, and strops.

The strops may seem expensive, but alot of work goes into them. The fittings are stamped metal and the hides are high-quality cow and horse. He explained to me the grades of hides from the horse and the work put into each strop.

If you're looking for a good value in well-restored shave ready straights on Ebay and see half a page of various vintage straights starting at $29.99, open it, seller-pegasusimp-read the information and start bidding. You will purchase a well-restored shave ready straight from an honest seller and a gentleman who knows his job, and puts alot of care into his refurbished striaghts and tonsorials. I highly recommend pegasusimp.-Bladerunner:thumbup:

Last edited:
Please excuse my long write up and accept my apologies regarding personal experience in the world of wetshaving. Forgive me if I offended anyone-humanus summus-We're human. Let me reword and shorten the thread.
For nearly 2 years I have dealt with pegsusimp-an Ebay seller who sells vintage shave ready straights that have cleaned and polished with original scales and carbon fiber ones that he makes himself. Pegasusimp is James Pietrasik, a retired tool and die maker-industrial engineer living north of CHicago. I had the opportunity to pay him a visit, purchase some shave ready striaghts and see his operation. He knows his stuff. The stiaights are sold on Ebay starting bid $29.99. They range from vintage German, English, Swedish to American brands.
I have had great shaves with his striaghts, and for the care Jim puts into them, they are a value. He also runs his own business the Imperial Shave with high quality Mach III-Fushion shave sets, stainless steel mugs, and grades of leather strops made from cowhide and horeshide. The strop fittings are all stamped metal. Jim explained to me the various grades of leather and horsehide that go into the strops.
If you on Ebay and want to purchase polished, refurbished, striaghts, that are shave ready & a great value, one should log onto pegasusimp and start bidding. Jim will answer your questions. He is a great seller and you will be pleased with your purchase as I am. Bladerunner

I enjoyed reading your post; for those that are interested I'm sure they will read it and those that aren't won't, that is how these things go. Thank you for the informative post, if I ever buy a straight I know where to go.

No apologies needed, it was just such a WOT that I couldn't possibly begin to focus on reading it. It's always good to have reviews of someone you're buying from and I'm sure it will help more than one person along the way. Thanks!

Top Bottom