What's new

eBay lot with over 170 razors--congrats to whomever won

Just coming back to look at this... About the only razor I see missing from this collection is a Gillette 195 bottom dial adjustable. Wow. There's just all kinds of razor goodness in there I'd like to have and everything I do have, is in there! Awesome collection for an even more awesome price.

I have bought some very small lots off the bay before...you never know what you're going to get...but this takes the cake.

Way to go! Average price per razor is pretty sweet.

Lots of variety, and I see a lot of neat injectors there,too! Love those solid metal ones.

Geeno

re: the bakelite razor with the yellow, black, and red handle. does it work, can you put a blade in it? if i'm right, i saw that on ebay a few months back and asked the seller to see if a blade could be used with it- they told me they could couldn't get the head to separate from the handle and the bottom handle didn't separate.
one more kudo for an impressive score.

Last edited:
The bakelite red black and yellow handle is a 3 piece Eclipse clone in terrible shape. It's redeeming quality is the handle, the likes of which I have not seen.
It looks as if it may have been a fairly decent clone at one point, but is very bent up.

Last edited:
my waits compedium has this as a FASAN razor from soligen germany, similar to merks and pomco razors

The lot arrived today, and it is indeed a Fasan.
As for the rest that have raised questions:
Yes, it's a chrome toggle.
The Progress is a Progress,
and the Merkur slant is a regular sized Merkur.

other interesting things,
Yep, that's a krect slant.
There's a wood handled Fox.
A Gem 1901 patent
An Ever Ready, which Wait's has pictured in a section from 1904-1911. It is the last of 6 heads.
A Stoll Chrome Steel lather catcher.
a Wade & Butcher DE
a Clix with a gold plated metal head
a Gillette injector
and numerous others I haven't looked into yet.

Holy crap.

$10 a razor...congrats!

Even if you plan on re-selling most of them...you could easily double your investment and still keep a few good ones for yourself.

A Gem 1901 patent
An Ever Ready, which Wait's has pictured in a section from 1904-1911. It is the last of 6 heads.
a Wade & Butcher DE
a Gillette injector

Thanks for confirming that Fasan. It seems to slant the blade more steeply than the Fasan that I have. I'm going to have to keep my eye out for one like yours.

A Gem 1901 patent
a Wade & Butcher DE
a Gillette injector

That is an amazing pick up....and there is alot to go through yet. Very nice

Thanks for confirming that Fasan. It seems to slant the blade more steeply than the Fasan that I have. I'm going to have to keep my eye out for one like yours.

I have another with the same angle (metal cap and handle, but bakelite bottom plate), yes they're steeper than most.

Congratulations on the chrome toggle. You certainly don't see many of those. What was the condition like?

Very nice. Most of the paint is intact, nothing bent, everything working. The dial doesn't click quite as distinctly as it should (I think, just judging by other adjustables). Very few signs of use. Some soap scum around the dial, but the thing gleams and I couldn't be happier with it.

Top Bottom