What's new

EBAY Lot Journey

I was digging deep in the recesses of eBay and came across this lot of razors. It caught my attention because it wasn't an auction and it had some different razors than your normal, 15 techs and a broken fat boy, lot. I opened it and sure enough, there was a thick cap single ring, 21-29 old type, contract tech, pre war tech, and some weird mini razor.

I bought it immediately, mostly for the single ring, but I figured I would rehab and polish the rest of em and make my money back. Hey, there's nothing better than free razors!

Anyway, long story short, I'm in the process of taking an eBay lot that was less than 20 dollars, seeing just how nice I can make these razors, and give them a new life in somebody's shave den.

I have a friend who's just starting out and he's on a tech kick right now so I'll probably PIF them to him. But I wanted to document the transformations of these little diamonds in the rough first!

First off, I started with the single ring because that's the one I'm keeping. Cleaned with scrubbing bubbles, sanded with micro mesh, polished on my buffer with white compound. Pictures below and ill include before and afters of every razor as I finish them.

Stay tuned! I may have something special planed for this single ring! I'll say this... it'll be completely custom when I'm done!
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
She's a beauty! I would leave her just how she is!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

All ready for nickel plating.....

I looked at that lot, but already have everything in it except the tiny one, which I don't want.

Have fun with them!

R

romsitsa

Nice cleanup and good catch. Looking forward to see what you planned for the Sr.

Adam

As promised.....The moment you've all been waiting for....... drum roll please!

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Turned a bocote handle for it. I have to find a brass tube to fit it but this is what it's gonna look like.

Lol I didn't get a fat boy! I was just making a reference to the lots you normally find in the bay. Most of the time it's like 15 techs and a busted fat boy!

Ah I see...unlike Capt. America, I missed that reference.:001_huh:

As promised.....The moment you've all been waiting for....... drum roll please!

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Quite stunning! Wood grain fits the style perfectly.

Oh and forgot to mention, I'm almost done with the brush that matches it so I'll have a matched set.

Here's the finished product. Sealed inside and out with CA. Glued up and ready for action. I'm so ready four this thing to develop an awesome patina. This is definitely one of the cooler razors I own!
proxy.php

Shaved with my single ring today. Excellent 3 pass BBS. You can feel the blade but it's smooth somehow. I love it!

Top Bottom