What's new

eBay Israeli Super+ price increase?

Please forgive me if I'm wrong. But it looks like the Israeli Super+'s are going up in price. The newer auction is showing $25 as a buy it now price, while the older one is at $9.99 with only 1 day left. So again I could be wrong, maybe this guy prices things goofy like that, I have only been watching em for a week.

Send him a quick message asking for feedback regarding his price increase. I'm sure there's a good reason for it.

The descriptions are slightly different, even though the pictures are the same.

The $9.99 ones are "Super+ Israeli Safety Double Edge Razor Blades"
The $25.00 ones are "SUPER+ (Israeli Personna) Double Edge RAZOR blades"

I don't know if the word "Personna" justifies a $15.01 increase. I'd buy his Derby blades at $15.99 if I were you...

Some of his auctions are BIN with shipping included and some are auctions. Average price with shipping for him is $16.99 for the IP's.

I bought the $10 deal on the Israelis. They are great blades. I just ordered the Derbys for $15 with free shipping(not really free) but it comes to about the same as what I payed for the Israelis. I have no problems with this seller.

Rafael

I just tried shaving with an Israeli Personna blade and the thing was worthless. It dragged, it didn't cut easily through my admittedly hard beard and was so uncomfortable that I threw the blade away after trying to shave half of my face. I replaced it witha cheap Indian Super-Max blade and got an excellent shave.
The best blades I have found are the Feathers, no doubt about that. The Israeli Personnas are probably the worst modern blades I tried and much worse than the US Personnas, which actually give me a very good shave. I will try again, just to make sure I did not have a dud, but so far I am not impressed.

I e-mailed him once when I was looking at buying some blades and asked if the 2 differently priced items (Isreali blades) were the same and he said, yes, they were exactly the same thing. I didn't ask him why he had them priced different.

I got the $9.99 pack about a month ago and it's great. Very fast shipping, I think I had the blades about 2 or 3 days after I sent the money via PayPal.

--Matt

Looks like I was wrong. He's still selling em for $9.99 after all. I'm still glad I picked up a box just to be on the safe side. I'll see if I like them more than the Derbys. I can't believe that I'm only a month into the DE shaving world and here I am with 200+ blades already. Perhaps next month I will have a couple more tubs of cream and a few more razors, sounds silly now, but it's very possible.
-Jeremiah

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Thanks for the tip Ol' Kev. I just bought 200 for $20. I got an extra 100 for my son. Now that he is in the Army National Guard he needs to be properly shaven.

I'll probably buy more for him when he gets deployed. For that price he can use a new blade every day.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
tryphon said:
I just tried shaving with an Israeli Personna blade and the thing was worthless. It dragged, it didn't cut easily through my admittedly hard beard and was so uncomfortable that I threw the blade away after trying to shave half of my face. I replaced it witha cheap Indian Super-Max blade and got an excellent shave.
The best blades I have found are the Feathers, no doubt about that. The Israeli Personnas are probably the worst modern blades I tried and much worse than the US Personnas, which actually give me a very good shave. I will try again, just to make sure I did not have a dud, but so far I am not impressed.

I hope that was just one bad blade. I just bought 200. I have had good results with US Personna, Wilkinson, Derby and have not noticed any difference between blades.

anarchyburger said:
I can't believe that I'm only a month into the DE shaving world and here I am with 200+ blades already. Perhaps next month I will have a couple more tubs of cream and a few more razors, sounds silly now, but it's very possible.
-Jeremiah

1 month, 1 year, 1 week- it does not matter:

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

Marty

Top Bottom