What's new

Ebay find, New LC, looks pristine, opinions?

So, I snipe this New LC and an Old type that was beat up (but salvageable) at a really good price.
I think the New LC was never (or barely) used. It looks like it was maybe unboxed and shoved in a drawer.
All I did to it was use a little Maas polish on it to get the finger smudges off.
*no date code
*the Gillette branding is partially cut off
*NO CRACKS WHATSOEVER on the handle

Just looking for opinions here; it appears to me to be as close to being NOS as it gets without actually being NOS.
What do y'all think?

Flash shot

Lookin' good and clean, but not so pristine that you'll leave it on a shelf. Go forth and shave with that. And, enjoy it in good health. Nice find.

Lookin' good and clean, but not so pristine that you'll leave it on a shelf. Go forth and shave with that. And, enjoy it in good health. Nice find.
Thanks. It's a sin what I actually paid for it. I'm wondering if I should keep it and sell the Krona replate w/ bar handle I recently got, or vice versa.

Good looking razor, no cracks in the handle? Enjoy! Looks like the base plate wasn't aligned properly when they stamped it, interesting.

Good looking razor, no cracks in the handle? Enjoy! Looks like the base plate wasn't aligned properly when they stamped it, interesting.
NO CRACKS. No hint of them...that's what leads me to think it was just stored w/o the box. Just a few minor blems...not sure what a REAL New off-the-line looks like, but this has to be pretty close.

That's cool. Congrats on the score, especially uncracked.

Two questions -

1. What is the writing on the handle?

2. Did you make the rack in the background? If so, how. I am thinking about making something like that as a razor rack. If you bought it, what is the source?

That's cool. Congrats on the score, especially uncracked.

Two questions -

1. What is the writing on the handle?

2. Did you make the rack in the background? If so, how. I am thinking about making something like that as a razor rack. If you bought it, what is the source?

That rack looks like a piece of crown molding.

Very nice find. I, too, am curious about the writing on the handle. Probably the patent date.

Top Bottom