What's new

EBay Feedback

So what would you do? I purchased a razor on eBay on the 3rd of Nov., and like always, immediately paid for it. Seller mentioned on the listing that they would ship within three days of payment. As of the 9th, it had not shipped. Contacted seller, she told me she was having problems with paypal not printing shipping labels for sales. She then sent me an unsolicited email, letting me know that she got the label printed, and that the razor would go out on the 10th. As of the 11th, the tracking number was still not in the system. I sent her an email today, and she is now telling me that the package went out on the 11th. I am obviously going to wait for it, but am contemplating giving her negative feedback. I hate to do this, but she did tell me it was going out on the 10th, and waited yet another day to send it. I mean, she did not even ship it until 8 days after receiving cleared payment.

Negative feedback, or neutral?

I'd go with neutral in this situation, with an appropriate reduction of stars in the shipping and communication categories.

I usually wait until I have the item in hand, then assess the entire exchange. If there wasn't any apparent malice or dishonesty, and I am happy with the item, then I will at a minimum mention the delay in shipping in the comments. The decision between positive and neutral is one of how unreliable they were with you. Negative should only be used for egregious actions, in my opinion.

give positive, but mention it in the comment.

it is, after all, only a day. she told you when she was havign problems with postage etc.

I would recieved the item and the. Give them a feedback. If give them a bad feedback are u afraid she will do the same to u??

it is, after all, only a day. she told you when she was havign problems with postage etc.

It is actually 8 days after receiving payment. One day after she recognized a problem she claimed to be aware of. She claims to send out about 50 or so items a day, so this is more than likely a serious business for her, rather than just a sideline "hobby" that makes money.

I would recieved the item and the. Give them a feedback. If give them a bad feedback are u afraid she will do the same to u??

Sellers can no longer give retaliatory negative feedback from what I understand, so no.

I am probably leaning towards neutral, and dinging on shipping time, and leaving a comment to that effect.

+1 This... I had a similar situation. The seller had a 100% positive rating and I didn't want to be the one to ruin that. So, I left positive feedback and a note about what I was not happy about. The seller immediately responded back and I explained why. Never heard back from the seller, but they left me positive feedback. I don't think I would leave negative feedback unless the situation was seriously messed up and left unresolved.

I would go with neutral and leave a comment in the comments section. She seemed to at least try to communicate and let you know what was going on.

I'm having a similar situation however I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt with a holiday.

IF I were you neutral and put as to why, thats fair unless the thing comes busted up 3 years later etc.

Just as a thought...sometimes USPS tracking numbers can take a day or two or more to actually enter their system. It may have been shipped on the 10th, but it may not make it into their system until a day or two later. I've had this happen before. Whenever the tracking number makes it into the system it should give information on when it was first received.

Wait until you see the item. If it is everything that it was cracked up to be I'd go with a neutral and mark down shipping and communication. I'd comment that they item(s) was as promised but did not ship in the timely manner that it was promised.

I always consider the intent. If the seller is honest and trying to make good in the form of consistent communication, I leave positive feedback with "bland" comments. Only when a seller is completely AWOL and indifferent do I go negative.

She deserves negative. Paypal isn't the only way to print shipping labels. Her Paypal acct didn't have enough money so she was BSing you. If the money is there, they print.
She cannot retaliate with negative to you. Sellers are not allowed to give buyers who pay negative FB.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I always consider the intent. If the seller is honest and trying to make good in the form of consistent communication, I leave positive feedback with "bland" comments. Only when a seller is completely AWOL and indifferent do I go negative.

Same thoughts, if it arrives better than advertised, positive but lower on shipping score. If it is only a faint resemblance of what was in the auction, hit her with the negative shot. As someone said earlier, consider how was the whole transaction? And bear in mind the delivery services move sometimes slower, sometimes faster. And, at the end of the day, or days in this case, the lost time will mean nothing.

Just as a thought...sometimes USPS tracking numbers can take a day or two or more to actually enter their system. It may have been shipped on the 10th, but it may not make it into their system until a day or two later. I've had this happen before. Whenever the tracking number makes it into the system it should give information on when it was first received.

Yeah, I've actually received the item before the tracking system even registered it being shipped.

I am aware of this. Here is the email exchange with the seller from Nov. 9th:

Dear ********,

Was just curious if you have an estimated shipping date for this item? It's been about 6 days since payment, and I have received no shipping notification. Is everything ok?

Phil

Response:

Will check to see if I have sent it. I have been having alot of trouble with paypal not printing everyone's labels and I have had to backtrack and do alot of them manually. Thank you and if it hasn't been sent will send it out in the morning.

Second email received on the 9th:

Got your label printed and it is off in the morning. This has been happening over a week now where paypal skips sales and doesn't print all the labels. My apologies and thanks for bringing it to my attention. Melanie

Still had no update for shipping, so I sent her this message:

I checked the tracking info on the package, and it says post office has been notified to expect package from seller. I had planned to give this to my dad as a b-day gift, well that was today, no gift. In your email, you mentioned having a problem with paypal for the last week. Might I suggest when you know you have a problem like that, you check your auction ending status and make sure the items go out timely?

I'm having a real hard time feeling positive about this transaction, and don't know if I would be a repeat customer.

Phil

Response:

I understand your feeling here. If you are in doubt though, review my feedback. I'm really trying to sort this paypal thing out. I have called them and other sellers are having the same trouble as me. I print like 59 at a time and package what I printed. As far as the tracking it has been non updated like it should be. I mentioned this to my p.o. clerk and they said the tracking number which I argue is TRACKING is only "delivery confirmation" and is scanned only upon arrival. I disagree as in the past all my item were tracked from the day they were sent. Let me know when it arrives. I am not sure what else to do.

And here is the latest exchange:

This is what the USPS tracking site said:

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on November 11, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Your email dated the 9th said it would go out on the 10th. According to them, it did not go out till the 11th.

Her response:

Yes this is correct, on the 10th the label would still not print. Finally about 2am on the 11th, three of the labels that came up "error" printed which yours was one of finally let me print. Your item went out that morning. If this is in anyway a problem let me know. The only thing I can suggest is a refund if you are truly unhappy with this transaction. I try to work with everyone whenever there is a problem so you tell me what you wish to do. Thanks

So on the 9th, she resolves the printing problem, but then on the 12th she says the printing problem was still going on on the 10th, so the package didn't get to the post office till the 11th? Wait, I thought you had the label printed on the ninth, at least that's what you said. So which is it?

That's why I think at best, I can only give her a neutral rating.

Okay. That is now much clearer. I hope I didn't sound accusatory. I only thought I'd mention it as it was not something that was clear to me.

It seems quite clear that she said that she had printed the label on the 9th and that it would go into the mail on the 10th, but it did not and she admits this. In my mind, neutral is certainly warranted, if not negative depending on what shape it is in when it arrives. It took a long time in the first place to prepare it for shipping and then not keeping to what was promised is not good in my book. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but something seems strange here.

R

rainman

I would be patient to an extent. You don't want the seller to hate you before you receive product at least. I'd go ahead and start a paypal dispute soon in a day or two so, if you have to you can make a claim. Without tracking info saying that you received the item you will win and get a full refund. As far as feedback, I'd wait till the transaction, however it ends is complete, and leave what you feel is justified for the feedback. There has been many times I've been in your situation and as long as I got the product as advertised, I won't hold a grudge. There is also times that I just leave no feedback at all if I wasn't happy with a part of the transaction.

Top Bottom