What's new

EBAY DIGEST: Interesting Shaving Related Recent Sales Recap

VINTAGE 1960 F-4 GILLETTE ADJUSTABLE FAT-BOY BOTTOM-DIAL SAFETY RAZOR

$1550 for a user-grade( at best) razor... :mad2:

Could be rare but it's a razor and it's not even in good condition.

I bet that if you find a Fatboy in the same condition, you won't give more than $40 for it.

Some of you think it's ok to pay that amount for this razor in that condition, but I'd rather buy a Ti Wolfman for that money.

given that the seller didn't even mention if the razor was working, i'd say someone just paid a lot for a paperweight.

given that the seller didn't even mention if the razor was working, i'd say someone just paid a lot for a paperweight.
Buyer will know that soon. Who gives that amount for a razor in that condition, without even be sure that at least the razor works? It's crazy.

I posted this in the blades section and will place here for guys who missed it. Gillette Nacets now come with a three year warranty!

proxy.php

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
The buyer may know, he may have contacted the seller... You are making some assumptions, here.
I know I'd be on a first name basis with him for that amount of coin!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Well this thread hasn't seen much action lately.

I am always looking to learn about vintage razors. Here is an auction that has me confused. Can anyone provide any insight? To me, it appears like a really clean Tech without a case. The price ($41) surprised me.

Genuine Vintage C-2 1957 Gillette Nickel Plated TECH Double Edge Safety Razor | eBay
That is a plain 1957 Tech. The confusion is on the part of the last couple of bidders, in my opinion. I think the last real bid was $16.50. At least it was free shipping.

That is a plain 1957 Tech. The confusion is on the part of the last couple of bidders, in my opinion. I think the last real bid was $16.50. At least it was free shipping.

I'll have to check out the last bidder action. So did it really sell for $41 or $16.50?

Well, does it matter?
If you are trying to figure out going prices I will have to ensure you it's impossible as they are all over the map. After all that's eBay!

It does. Rev579 stated that the last "real bid" was $16.50. I am not sure what he meant by that. If I knew it sold for 16.50 , I wouldn't have posted the inquiry. The high (to me) price had me guessing if I was missing something. I've actually learned a thing or two by asking about high prices.

Last edited:
I hope the buyer is happy with thier purchase.
I question the validity of the purchase considering the high number the same razors selling for half that amount. Personally, I make mental or even written notes about sellers who have these patterns in their auctions.

I agree. There are some sellers who seem to get premium prices for thier stuff. Not sure if their prices are significantly increased by thier reputation.

I recall years ago there was a seller, that went by an acronym, that sold minty stuff. His prices were always higher than most. I think it the name was something furniture man.

cedarfurnitureman.
He acquired someone's razor collection and was selling razors one by one.
No doubt there was shill bidding involved in that through one or more newly registered accounts on eBay

cedarfurnitureman.
He acquired someone's razor collection and was selling razors one by one.
No doubt there was shill bidding involved in that through one or more newly registered accounts on eBay
I don’t have much tolerance for deception or dishonesty in day-to-day life, much less eBay or online-zero-accountability-commerce-exchange.

Top Bottom