What's new

eBay cologne?

<Calvin Klein obsession>

Those do seem to be some impressively low prices. Lower than even, say, Fragrancenet.com. I would be as careful as I could. But I doubt whether it is worth the effort to counterfeit CK Obsession. I suppose the analysis could be either not much to lose if what you bought on Ebay was not legit, or not many more dollars to go with a source I would personally consider reliable. like Fragrancenet.

I would not buy bargain priced Creed GIT on eBay.

I’ve grabbed a few,
Caron Pour un Homme
Burberry Men
Sung Homme
No issues with what I’ve ended up with... I probably wouldn’t buy an expensive one on eBay (although to be fair, I don’t really buy expensive frags anyways)

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I've bought many jugs of vintage stuff on ebay. Over the years I was sold one bottle of kanon that had skunked, and a bottle of Gillette Sun Up that was clearly watered down (probably by 1/3) to fill the bottle. In both cases ebay took care of me.

Some of the high end current stuff is fake. The vintage juice is about the same chance as bought from anywhere else - sometimes you strike gold, sometimes it’s turned to ****. If it’s an unopened bottle there’s only one way to find out if you got lucky.

Purchased many fragrances on Ebay with no problems. Until I bought two Nasomatto colognes from a seller in Russia. FAKES.
Be VERY careful when purchasing colognes from the Russian Federation. Good rule of thumb: If the price is too good to be true, it's probably fake.

There is a ton of fake high-end stuff on Ebay, just take a look at Creed listings shipping from Russia. With that said, if you know how to spot it you can find some good stuff. After much consideration, I recently rolled the dice on a 2013 bottle of GIT for a good price and it's legit.

I bought an obviously fake bottle of Ralph Lauren Polo Supreme Oud. It was weaker than the knock off I bought at Big Lots. That was my only burn. I’ve bought several others without issues, including a 100 ml bottle of Dior Noir EDP for $30. My tips are only buy from sellers that show the actual bottle you’re buying, and make sure they have a good overall rating with MANY past positive sales. Other than that, use your instincts. In most cases if it’s too good to be true it probably is.

Top Bottom